Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

College Decision Day 2019 is past. How is everyone feeling? Lessons Learned?

123457»

Replies to: College Decision Day 2019 is past. How is everyone feeling? Lessons Learned?

• Doublekk2Doublekk2 Registered User Posts: 98 Junior Member
    @BridgeWtr77 Great post! (#31)
  • TheodenTheoden Registered User Posts: 69 Junior Member
    @mamaedefamilia It's key to identify FAFSA only and CSS profile schools that don't require NCP to be in the equation for determining need.
  • mamaedefamiliamamaedefamilia Registered User Posts: 3,336 Senior Member
    edited May 13
    @Theoden Yes, and those schools typically are very high reach schools, with rare exception. If you know of any that are accessible to the average mortal, please share! I have seen the College Board list but many of those schools do not meet full need (unless you count substantial loans as "need-based aid".

Berea was one of the few that I found that might be in reach for a solid student with decent but not exceptional test scores. It would still be a reach for many and is kind of a niche school as it's limited to low-income applicants who also are willing to fulfill the school's requirement for work hours.
    @mamaedefamilia Schools that often claim to meet "full-need" are often Ivies and hidden Ivies, and they will require the FAFSA and then, CSS of both parents.
    @gpo613 Thanks for the encouraging story!
  • cptofthehousecptofthehouse Registered User Posts: 27,430 Senior Member
    @mamaedefamilia , Albright College in PA gives full aid based on FAFSA
    @RookieCollegeMom Where did your daughter end up?
  • AtyrauloveAtyraulove Registered User Posts: 134 Junior Member
    I’m glad @Trixy34 speaks so highly of St Lawrence!!! My S19 will be attending. I’m giddy that they are simply a FAFSA school as I have a D17 at a CSS school (Smith) and it’s HARD to gather all the information each year!