right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Wooster: Class of 2024 Early aid estimator

art1968art1968 3 replies5 threads New Member
Hi,
My daughter applied EA to Wooster on 11/6 and we submitted the early aid estimator form the same day. We got an email yesterday with a very generous aid estimate. My question is:
1. Does Wooster meet 100% of the predicted aid based on the early estimator? Are we getting excited unnecessarily? There is no way we can afford Wooster without a generous aid.
2. How does this reflect on my daughters chances of getting admitted?
Today at 7:51 am
0 replies
7 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Wooster: Class of 2024 Early aid estimator

• OHMomof2OHMomof2 13003 replies244 threads Senior Member
    Our estimator matched the final offer closely. This was a few years ago.
    · Reply · Share
  • ChaosParent23ChaosParent23 498 replies29 threads Member
    I assure you the people at Wooster are genuine and forthcoming. Wooster isn't the type of place to make big promises then pull the rug out. Will it be exact? I don't know. But it should be close.

If it's a large award, I think you can feel pretty good about seeing a positive response. A small-ish award, you'll have to wait and see.
    Also, this thread will likely get moved over to the Wooster sub-section. By all means head over and read the plethora of old threads specific to Wooster. There's some great info over there!!
    Good luck to your daughter! :)
    · Reply · Share
  • art1968art1968 3 replies5 threads New Member
    Thanks @ChaosParent23. It is a fairly large award but I don't think that they would have reviewed my daughters application yet. Estimator email came from the office of financial aid.
    · Reply · Share
  • ChaosParent23ChaosParent23 498 replies29 threads Member
    I can only give you a snapshot of our experience for comparison. Last year we did the same thing, submitted an early estimator. It came back w/ some loans, some work study, and a large grant... I want to say somewhere in the $30k range.
    DS's stats at the time were 4.3 WGPA, 31 ACT, non-recruited varsity athlete, quadruple legacy (aunt, uncle, both parents.)

He ended up pulling his app just a few hours before officially hearing back b/c he got into his ED school. But we know unofficially that he got in w/ a bit more merit than the $30k after submitting a 32 ACT. We never saw the difference that it made from the original FA estimate, but it would've likely been very close.
    · Reply · Share
  • bluemoon2020bluemoon2020 6 replies0 threads New Member
    I asked a similar question on another thread. My daughter applied ED and received her acceptance with a merit award a little bit higher than the estimate. I hope your daughter hears soon with equally good news!!!
    · Reply · Share
  • art1968art1968 3 replies5 threads New Member
    @bluemoon2020, Congratulations! Is your daughter in class of 2024? When did you hear from Wooster?
    · Reply · Share
  • bluemoon2020bluemoon2020 6 replies0 threads New Member
    Thank you!!! She is class of 2024 and heard back late last week. I hope you hear soon! The waiting is stressful...
    · Reply · Share