right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
We have changed the way we log in on College Confidential. Read more here.

12 anecdotes about paying off (mostly student loan) debt

ucbalumnusucbalumnus 79714 replies712 threads Senior Member
edited December 2019 in Parents Forum
https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/annehelenpetersen/paying-off-debt-millennials-student-loans

The above linked page is 12 people writing anecdotes of paying off debt, mostly student loan debt (but sometimes other debt). Some wrote about graduating into the recession, being lucky to have a job that paid enough, or being limited by debt from being able to network with employers or take any kind of risks. Some wrote about the lack of financial education they had before making decisions to take on the debt.
edited December 2019
1 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: 12 anecdotes about paying off (mostly student loan) debt

• kelsmomkelsmom 15722 replies99 threads Senior Member
    Buck up, people. Yes, you are living below what you think should be your means as you repay your debt. That is the responsible thing to do. It’s hard, but it isn’t anyone else’s debt to repay.

I understand what it’s like to cut way back on your lifestyle. I quit my job when my oldest was born. There were times our bank account was scary-low. We scrimped more than I knew we could. It was not easy. But we made a choice. Just as you made a choice when you borrowed. Our choices come with consequences, and the consequence of borrowing is having to repay the debt.

By the way, I want to commend those who worked hard to repay their debt. They should be very proud of themselves.
    · Reply · Share