right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
COMING SOON "Ask The Expert" live event w/ the CC Dean, Sally Rubenstone, on Feb. 22 at 12:00 pm ET. This event is exclusively for registered members. CREATE YOUR CC ACCOUNT NOW to receive event updates!

Net Price Calculator showing estimated merit?

CC AdminCC Admin 29515 replies2999 threadsAdministrator Senior Member
This discussion was created from comments split from: Financial Aid estimate resources?.
2 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Net Price Calculator showing estimated merit?

• onemoremom12onemoremom12 62 replies5 threads Junior Member
    Question for you guys. One of the EFC we did showed an estimated Merit Award. I was surprised. I know schools aren't required to follow tghe EFC, but how would you handle it if they didn't end up giving that amount of merit? We haven't heard yet, but I would probably call the FA office to discuss.
    · Reply · Share
  • thumper1thumper1 76426 replies3379 threads Senior Member
    edited January 21
    @onemoremom12

You said it yourself...the Net Price calculator showed an “estimated” merit award, not a guaranteed one.

If that merit award is not guaranteed, treat it as a possibility only. Competitive merit awards are not given to everyone who might have the stats to qualify.

If it’s not guaranteed for all applicants, and your student does not get the merit award, you could contact admissions and inquire...but really...awards that are not guaranteed for all who have certain stats don’t need to be awarded to all.

If you get it, it can be a happy time.

edited January 21
    · Reply · Share