Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

"In loco parentis"....Do you live near a college?

1333435363739»

Replies to: "In loco parentis"....Do you live near a college?

• cillakatcillakat Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
    Atlanta. Practically right on Emory's campus. Also reasonably close to GSU, GaTech, Mercer etc
  • CTmom2018CTmom2018 Registered User Posts: 553 Member
    It's been years since I posted on this thread but we are still here, under 15 minutes away from Quinnipiac, should anyone need quick assistance for their child there.
  • Garden MomGarden Mom Registered User Posts: 38 Junior Member
    We live in Chattanooga and are within 15 - 20min of UTC and Lee Univ.
  • silver67silver67 Registered User Posts: 66 Junior Member
    Minutes from Wellesley, Babson, Brandeis, BC and close enough to all Boston area/Cambridge schools. If you have any boots-on-the-ground type situation please do not hesitate to ask for help!
  • YourCollegeMomYourCollegeMom Registered User Posts: 211 Junior Member
    I live in College Station, Home of Texas A&M. I love giving parents the peace of mind. My daughter went 7 hours away her freshman year. It was hard. Not knowing where to go for stuff (doctors, mechanics, etc.) but also not knowing an adult that could be there if something happened. Now she's back here and is a junior. Whoop!
  • LasVegas72LasVegas72 Registered User Posts: 12 New Member
    I'm in Las Vegas about 15 min. from UNLV
  • Emsmom1Emsmom1 Registered User Posts: 801 Member
    Anyone near Franklin and Marshall in Lancaster, PA? Nephew is staying on campus for Thanksgiving (he can't afford to fly home)- trying to find a place for him to have Thanksgiving dinner in case the school doesn't have something for the kids staying in town...
  • MusakParentMusakParent Registered User Posts: 77 Junior Member
    Twin Cities, MN urban (U of MN TC, Macalester, Augsburg, Concordia St. Paul, St. Thomas, St. Catherine's, Hamline, McNally-Smith all within close range. Bethel, Northwestern St. Paul not far either)
  • kidsatlastkidsatlast Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi Shennie, My daughter Louisa is a freshman at U Wisconsin Madison. We are from Sarasota Florida. I am kind of worried about her decision making as she is talking about doing a double major in genetics and biochemistry, which her academic advisor says is impossible in four years. Meanwhile she is neglecting to follow through on day to day needs.
  • mom414mom414 Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
    edited November 4
    I live in southern California, 15 min from the Claremont Colleges and 20 minutes from Cal Poly Pomona. I would be happy to provide input on the area or help in an emergency.
  • emah24emah24 Registered User Posts: 79 Junior Member
    I am half an hour in many directions from Connecticut College, Mitchell College, Wesleyan, UConn Storrs, ECSU. Slightly further but so doable are Trinity, University of Hartford, CCSU, and University of St. Joseph.
  • taverngirltaverngirl Registered User Posts: 157 Junior Member
    I'll be backup for @emah24 :) We're within 15 min of UHart, Trinity, UConn, St. Joe's, Central, and Eastern.
  • sushirittosushiritto Registered User Posts: 1,168 Senior Member
    I'm within a few minutes of Stanford and Menlo College. And about 30 minutes from SJSU. Cal (Berkeley) is roughly an hour away.
  • jbridgejbridge Registered User Posts: 1 New Member

Baton Rouge
    3 miles from LSU. Not too far from Southern U.
  • CivilWrongsCivilWrongs Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
    10 minutes away from Princeton
    It's a nut house here.