Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

"In loco parentis"....Do you live near a college?

Replies to: "In loco parentis"....Do you live near a college?

• chb088chb088 Registered User Posts: 537 Member
    I live just a few miles/minutes from Davidson College, and about 30 minutes from UNCC and Queens University.
  • AggieMomhelpAggieMomhelp Registered User Posts: 307 Member
    I'm in Aggieland! But there's actually a business here that does this (emergencies and fun stuff). Don't need it for my daughter since I live here, but kind of cool concept.
  • cloudysmomcloudysmom Registered User Posts: 735 Member
    I live near the College of Charleston in SC
  • YaleNHarvardDadYaleNHarvardDad Registered User Posts: 48 Junior Member
    I live near Duke,Unc & NC State
  • RedslpRedslp Registered User Posts: 108 Junior Member
    I live near UC Davis and Sacramento State.
  • lastone03lastone03 Registered User Posts: 725 Member
    10 mins to U of R and about 20 to VCU
  • Johnlee66Johnlee66 Registered User Posts: 23 Junior Member
    Yes, fortunately I live near a college. Though the campus isn't so big. But overall the scenario and environment is so good.
  • sunsheyensunsheyen Registered User Posts: 22 Junior Member
    quick driving distance to U of R, VCU and Randolph Macon (20-30 min), close enough to get to UVA or most of the DC schools within 2 hours.
  • drewsmom17drewsmom17 Registered User Posts: 125 Junior Member
    @cloudysmom. DD18 will be going to CofC this fall! Her older sister lives in Goose Creek but we are several states away. We’ll be there in June for orientation and if it’s ok, I may ask some advice about places. She is so excited!

I’m in Omaha, NE -close to Creighton, UNO, and can get to Lincoln in 45 min. Oldest DD is s Lincoln grad if there are any questions. I’m new here but a middle school special education teacher. I am reliable and can handle the unexpected. Lol
  • momofsenior1momofsenior1 Registered User Posts: 2,091 Senior Member
    We are moving to Evanston this summer and will be within a block of Northwestern's campus.
  • Bakermom1Bakermom1 Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
    We're in St. George, Utah, 10 mins. from Dixie State University and about 50 mins. away from Southern Utah University.
  • DolphinnsFanDolphinnsFan Registered User Posts: 35 Junior Member
    I live near and work at a college in Southern CA. Of course my daughter doesn't want to go here and it's one of the most competitive CSUs in the state. She applied anyway. I've worked here 20 years and my daughter couldn't get in.
  • YaleMomOf7YaleMomOf7 Registered User Posts: 37 Junior Member
    I work at Columbia. I live in Manhattan and can as well do NYU, the New School, Fordham, and any other college in the city.
  • AmmoniteAmmonite Registered User Posts: 11 New Member
    I'm near Wagner College, St. John's University and any colleges in Manhattan. PM me if you need something because I'm happy to help
  • Poliwonk27Poliwonk27 Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
    I live next to George Mason University and within easy driving distance of all the universities in the Northern Virginia, DC and Maryland areas, basically metropolitan Washington, DC. So, for search engines, Georgetown, George Washington, UVA Northern Virginia Campus, University of Maryland, etc.