Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
The Forums will be unavailable Tuesday, June 25 starting at 9 am ET as we prepare for a major design update!

Second Semester, Freshman Year

13»

Replies to: Second Semester, Freshman Year

• CBBBlinkerCBBBlinker Registered User Posts: 3,447 Senior Member
    DD (Soph.) went through 2nd semester registration gyrations a few weeks ago -- but she also had to pretty much plan out courses for the rest of her undergrad career. She's trying to (1) fulfill her major (2) fulfill a minor (3) fulfill distribution requirements -- more at her school than some, it seems (4) fulfill courses needed to potentially go to Med School and (5) be able to go abroad 2nd sem. Jr. year as part of a really great, very different program run by another school. The only way it all works is if she does a few summer courses, partly because some courses she needs are only offered certain semesters. And here I thought college was 4 years -- how naive of me!

Oh, and the whole online registration thing? Hard to say if it's an improvement over my college days when all the departments sent up shop in the field house and we got our exercise running from table to table with stacks of "Drop/Add" slips. Now DD pleads via email with professors of "closed" courses.
  • Dad'o'2Dad'o'2 Registered User Posts: 585 Member
    I guess "Armor Making" is the answer to the question, "what do you offer in the fine arts at technical college that is 75% male?"

Well, I see they also have "Knitting and Crochet."
  • garlandgarland Registered User Posts: 16,065 Senior Member
    Steel wool?
  • cangelcangel Registered User Posts: 4,127 Senior Member
    Steel wool?<<

Oh, Garland, oh, ROFLMAO, maybe I just need a laugh, but I'm giggling out loud now.
  • CountingDownCountingDown Registered User Posts: 13,408 Senior Member
    WashDad,
    DS just moaned "I WANT THAT SCHEDULE!" (he's home sick today).
    Armor making? Both my kids would sign up for that one...
    Seriously -- that schedule sounds awesome. Tough, but awesome.
  • mathmommathmom Registered User Posts: 32,071 Senior Member
    BTW if anyone thinks Armormaking sounds like a cool course, if you are visiting Worcester Polytechnic Institute make a side trip to visit: Higgins Armory Museum - Worcester, MA - A Museum of Arms and Armor
  • CountingDownCountingDown Registered User Posts: 13,408 Senior Member
    mathmom,
    Yes, that is a cool museum! Our neighbors are from that area and mentioned it to us a few years ago. DS2 has bought armaments. :) The first time we went, DS1 was selected to be the "model" for the chainmail, because he was the right height and the only one slim enough to fit into it!
This discussion has been closed.