Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
The Forums will be unavailable Tuesday, June 25 starting at 9 am ET as we prepare for a major design update!

I Need Help (and I Am So Happy)

mjs4n6mjs4n6 Registered User Posts: 122 Junior Member
edited March 2005 in Parents Forum
I AM SO EXCITED RIGHT NOW! I GOT MY FINAL ACCEPTANCE THIS EVENING AND NOW I NEED TO DECIDE. My first choice school is Duke, I am interested in pre-med, I like smaller-midsized schools, other than that i just need some input to help me out. I got in the following:
-Duke
-Wash U
-Northwestern
-Cornell
-UW-Madison
I wrote this in the parents forum because i did not want to sound like i was gloating or anything so could you guys help me. I know many of you have sons/daughters in these institutions so your knowledge would really help me out. MAN I AM SO HAPPY! and financial aid is a big factor too, but other than that
Post edited by mjs4n6 on

Replies to: I Need Help (and I Am So Happy)

• maritemarite Registered User Posts: 21,586 Senior Member
    Congratulations! Since you prefer smaller schools, I would rule out Madison, though it is a fine school. The others are all equally good, in my opinion, so it's really a matter of fit and location. By a slight margin, I would go with Duke, which happens to be your first choice. But if financial aid is more plentiful at other schools, take that into serious consideration.
  • minimini Registered User Posts: 26,431 Senior Member
    It's a wash. Your biggest problem (if there is one) is paying for med school. So put financial aid high on the list of considerations.

Congrats! (you are already a winner, regardless of which you choose.)
  • newmassdadnewmassdad Registered User Posts: 3,848 Senior Member
    Eliminating Madison as too big, all your remaining choices are excellent.

If you have not visited all these, now is the time.

After visiting, why not go to the place where you think you'd have the most fun, where you like the environment the best, like your fellow students the best? Pre-med or not, the soft factors are so important to your success. And these are things only you can decide.

Please, whatever you do, don't run a popularity contest among friends. Everyone will have an opinion, but you are not them. You are going. It is your choice. The good news is you CANNOT make a bad choice.
  • mjs4n6mjs4n6 Registered User Posts: 122 Junior Member
    any other input?? THANKS FOR THOSE WHO HAVE POSTED ALREADY!
This discussion has been closed.