Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Happy Day at my house

Replies to: Happy Day at my house

• wish_it_was_aprilwish_it_was_april Registered User Posts: 603 Member
    Susan,

When I went downstairs to tell H about your D and Berurah's S, it occurred me that I probably had the wrong award for MT - it is musical THEATER, after all - but I am glad it gave you a laugh and you got my point! We've also had good news here, but I am waiting until it is all in to post anything official. But I do look forward to doing that!

Wish
  • lyricastalyricasta Registered User Posts: 37 Junior Member
    Where did you get the information about Tisch Saturday at the Square invites being sent to the top 5%? My son also got one, but when he called, they were very vague about what it meant....eg. "select group of the strongest applicants"..... Still no "official" acceptance. Congratulations to your daughter!
  • bookiemombookiemom Registered User Posts: 1,914 Senior Member
    Susan! I am so happy for you and your D! NYU/Tisch/Cap21 must REALLY want her with all those wonderful benefits, and that is an amazing scholarship offer for NYU. (Did you consider yet that maybe this was a big plus NOT to go ED for NYU, since they made such a great offer RD?) A big bouquet of cyber-roses for your D and a matching one for her devoted mom.
  • alitaalita Registered User Posts: 254 Junior Member
    lyricasta-check out the nyu board on this website on the Sunday at the Square part...it explains most of this...
  • reidmreidm Registered User Posts: 1,050 Senior Member
    Soozie - a friend of mine teaches singers in the CAP 21 studio. They know what they are doing there.
  • redr002redr002 Registered User Posts: 183 Junior Member
    Wow, what wonderful news!!! I remember reading last summer, and I'm sure she must be on cloud nine (or should I say cloud 21)!!!! Congrats on the scholarship as well.

Is she feeling better physically? Are you getting proper sleep now, or still on the couch next to her?

Really wonderful, wonderful news...so happy for you all!
  • frazzled1frazzled1 Registered User Posts: 5,782 Senior Member
    So happy to read your good news this morning! (Though I'll admit I've been kinda hoping she'd choose Syracuse, since we attend their amazing MT productions and it would be nice to be able to say we saw your d pre-Tony.) What a wonderful scholarship offer - as you know, NYU is NOT generous with merit aid, and it means they recognize her talent and want her lots.

Waiting to hear about her eventual decision!
  • sybbie719sybbie719 Super Moderator Posts: 22,608 Super Moderator
    Hi Susan,

[size=+2] Congratulations [/size]

NYU/Tisch/ CAP21/ Scholarship- Priceless

I hope to see you in the fall as I am dashing off to class (Don't tell her that as it may scare her off to know you've got friends on campus :) )

Such wonderful news.
  • epiphanyepiphany Registered User Posts: 8,574 Senior Member
    Sooz,
    For those who know anything about the world of performing arts, an NYU Tisch acceptance is like an Early acceptance to HYPS or MIT. Given much earlier posts of yours about your D (pre-accident), on much earlier threads, it was actually clear to me that she might be a Tisch likely.

Bask in the good news, & may that help in speedy healing.

You have many reasons to congratulate yourselves (as a family!)
  • JEMJEM Registered User Posts: 6,624 Senior Member
    Susan,

That is a GREAT result for your D! :D

Congrats and enjoy and do continue to keep us all posted!

JEM
  • searchingavalonsearchingavalon Registered User Posts: 509 Member
    Susan, Mazel tov!!! I just have this picture in my mind of your daughter and her classmates singing and dancing in Washington Square Park. Very groovy!!
  • MarylandMomMarylandMom Registered User Posts: 255 Junior Member
    Susan and D:

Congrats and it couldn't have come at a better time! We've been thinking of you and your D here in Maryland and keeping her in our prayers. I know this news will really help the healing and keep her going during the therapy process. Congratulations!! :) :) :)
  • achatachat Registered User Posts: 2,146 Senior Member
    Wow, Susan, it's the best news ever. Getting into the studio she wanted, Merit aid, Trustee scholar. Wow!!!! Congratulations of your daughter and older one as well..
  • 1sokkermom1sokkermom Registered User Posts: 3,515 Senior Member
    Susan:

Congratulations to your daughter #2! ( We also followed the happy news last year from daughter #1.)

I hope you are still around sharing all your stories when we get to child #2 decisions in our family. - Keep in mind, she's only in middle school!
  • chocoholicchocoholic Registered User Posts: 2,995 Senior Member
    Susan,

Congratulations!!! We are all dancing with joy for your daughter. Great news with the acceptance and the scholarship.
This discussion has been closed.