Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Happy Day at my house

12346»

Replies to: Happy Day at my house

• buccabucca Registered User Posts: 62 Junior Member
    I'm looking for a good 2 week summer program for my daughter who is a 3.5 with a few A.P. and will be a junior next year. I live in Michigan and heard that Purdue has good programs. Any ideas?
  • poetsheartpoetsheart Registered User Posts: 5,571 Senior Member
    Soozie, tears were brimming in my eyes as I read all your continuing GOOD NEWS! What an exceptional daughter (DAUGHTERS!) you have! I'm so very, very relieved that you are not in the shoes of the unfortunate parents you wrote about. Their sorrow is indeed beyond my comprehension. But given the fact that you are my friend (funny how I think of you in this way, even though we've never met), I just thank God that your D was spared!

I was so tickled to read about the overwhelming out-pouring of love and good will she has been recieving from every quarter. Tell her to get use to it because there's no doubt in my mind that she will be a mega-star one day, whose mail will be brimming with this kind of adoration on a daily basis! Give her a cyber-hug from me as well. Keep the good news coming. She is still very much in my prayers!

P.S. NYU, CAP21, $20,00 in merit money---WOWZA! Couldn't think of a more deserving or talented kid!
  • digmediadigmedia Registered User Posts: 3,331 Senior Member
    To all on this thread: Have any of you ever heard of any student anywhere having the admissions success in this area like Susan's daughter is having? It's a more than amazing. We're all witness to the start of an incredible career. And we'll all be able to say that we (kinda-sorta) "knew" her before she was famous...
This discussion has been closed.