Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Good News from Ohio - Son is in at UChicago

13»

Replies to: Good News from Ohio - Son is in at UChicago

• ohio_momohio_mom Registered User Posts: 4,045 Senior Member
    Crossing fingers for everyone still waiting by the postbox! We had a wonderful time looking at the housing lit last night.

evitajr1 -
    the FA e-mail is a very good sign - most people don't try to make extra work for themselves. Which prompt did your D use?
  • dstarkdstark Registered User Posts: 34,241 Senior Member
    ohio_mom, texastaximom, chocoholic, congratulations.
  • chocoholicchocoholic Registered User Posts: 2,995 Senior Member
    ***[size=+2]Congratulations[/size]***

Great news, great school....my daughter is in there too.
  • evitajr1evitajr1 Registered User Posts: 943 Member
    Mail came and went - NOTHING! I guess our PO can't handle those big, fat envelopes! LOL. My D's prompt was create your own - If Walls Could Talk, which wall would you talk to and what would it answer? She wrote about the Berlin Wall, Brandy (Brandenberg Gate) and Charlie (Checkpint Charlie), their relationship, about the changes in the grafitti on the western side, the young man who thought he was a donut (Kennedy) and the old man who told their boss to "tear down this wall", their fears when people climbed up and sledgehammered them. And how things were now fine, since the shard found a place on the shelf of a Polish German girl in TX with her grandfather, who escaped over the Wall. It was at times poignant, funny and serious.
  • texastaximomtexastaximom Registered User Posts: 1,080 Senior Member
    Oh so sorry, evita. :( I was hoping that pokey 'dillo would get his act together and trundle that large envelope up to your mailbox. He must have fallen asleep in a patch of bluebonnets.

Your d's essay sounds very creative!
  • ohio_momohio_mom Registered User Posts: 4,045 Senior Member
    Evita -
    sounds like a wonderful essay - hope that Saturday brings good news!
    Eureka! Yesterday, I waylaid our mail carrier, and she called saying there was nothing there after she returned. But this am she called and said she would meet me at the start of her route, and it is here! And it is a LARGE envelope! Yahoo! Woke up D and we will celebrate. Am making her her favorite breakfast before she goes off to academic competition. Now, for the FA...
  • chocoholicchocoholic Registered User Posts: 2,995 Senior Member
    [size=+2]CONGRATULATIONS[/size]

Evitajar, Too funny...you ambush the mail carrier, and you have a hotline to the post-office!!
    Nothing like a mother bear!
  • sillystring7sillystring7 Registered User Posts: 145 Junior Member
    Ohio Mom -- What dorm came out the winner? My daughter lives in Burton Judson and likes it very much. She plans to live there again next year. Only two or three doubles in the whole place, but very social.
  • texastaximomtexastaximom Registered User Posts: 1,080 Senior Member
    Boo-yeah! AWESOME news!

Is your daughter doing UIL today? That's where mine are. I read your other post about Trinity. We also lived in Chicago area for 10 years before moving here.
  • Little MotherLittle Mother Registered User Posts: 1,890 Senior Member
    OhioMom--
    Congratulations to your S and so happy for your and your family--#1 choice!!!
  • simbasimba Registered User Posts: 6,092 Senior Member
    belated congratulations....I added your name in the roster, but forgot here.
    Congrats to you all, and my D is IN! Will be at UIL later today, so she got her news before she has to leave. Lived in Chicago 20 years before moving here, and have friends and distant family there. A bunch of them are Ch cops. They will look after her.After Yale EA rejection, getting in to her now 1st choice, is awesome! And she wants to compete in next year's musical chairs competition.
This discussion has been closed.