Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
The Forums will be unavailable Tuesday, June 25 starting at 9 am ET as we prepare for a major design update!

Good News from Ohio - Son is in at UChicago

ohio_momohio_mom Registered User Posts: 4,045 Senior Member
edited April 2005 in Parents Forum
Just a quick note since I am supposed to be working - my son just called to tell me that he got the fat envelope from UChicago, his first choice! Nothing as dramatic to report as Berurah's son's painting extravaganva, but very very happy. His admission goes to show just how important the essay is - SAT's good, grades not so - so he did write himself in. I am sending his GC flowers - she has very few kids go out of state, but I know she tried her darnedst for him.

We still have to wait for the finaid information, but this is the one school where we will pull on all resources available.
Post edited by ohio_mom on

Replies to: Good News from Ohio - Son is in at UChicago

• texastaximomtexastaximom Registered User Posts: 1,080 Senior Member
    Congrats! And a bouquet for you, too!
  • sybbie719sybbie719 Super Moderator Posts: 22,620 Super Moderator
    Ohio_mom

Congrats to you and your family on the Uof Chicago admission. It is wonderfrul that he got into his first choice. I don't know where Cangel is but there will be plenty of ice cream being served this evening.

big huggs to you.
  • NorthstarmomNorthstarmom Registered User Posts: 24,853 Senior Member
    That is wonderful!
  • newmassdadnewmassdad Registered User Posts: 3,848 Senior Member
    I can only hope he enjoys it as much as my D does!

Let me know if you want me to keep an eye on him next year...
  • berurahberurah - Posts: 4,560 Senior Member
    ohio_mom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes!!!!!!!!! A HUGE congratulations to your wonderful son for his much desired acceptance at such an awesome school! UChicago, WOW!!!! It must be especially sweet to know that his great writing played such a key element in his acceptance. UChicago wanted HIM, as a person AND as a student! I am more than thrilled for your son and for your whole family. Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!!!!! ~berurah
  • kdoskdos Registered User Posts: 331 Member
    Congratulations! UChicago seems like an awesome school! My S applied there EA and is waiting for possible merit money....we're in Ohio also!
  • 1moremom1moremom Registered User Posts: 3,965 Senior Member
    And those were some interesting writing prompts! Congratulations to you both.
  • achatachat Registered User Posts: 2,146 Senior Member
    Congratulations, ohio_mom!
  • mattmommattmom Registered User Posts: 1,763 Senior Member
    Congratulations! You sound so happy, and I am sure your son is even more so. That's great news.
  • digmediadigmedia Registered User Posts: 3,331 Senior Member
    Suuuuuuuuuuuuuperb!
  • ohio_momohio_mom Registered User Posts: 4,045 Senior Member
    Thanks to all! We have prospective clients in at work so I have to sit here quietly. It is very frustrating!

Berurah -
    the part about the essay is wonderful - like you, I just kept hoping that if they could 'see' my son, they would want him. Guess it happened for both of us!
  • wjbwjb Registered User Posts: 2,908 Senior Member
    Congrats to you and your son, ohio_mom. Wonderful school, wonderful city. And may I add that it's 50 and sunny here today -- it's our version of spring.
  • yulsieyulsie Registered User Posts: 804 Member
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Your son will go in as an eager learner, and come out a polished, sophisticated intellectual - and you will LOSE all the arguments!
  • twinmomtwinmom Registered User Posts: 2,826 Senior Member
    I'd like to add my congratulations - way to go!
  • kinshasakinshasa Registered User Posts: 1,468 Senior Member
    Best wishes and congratulations!
This discussion has been closed.