TrinityTrinity 1411 replies345 threads Senior Member
edited January 2012 in Parents Forum
edited January 2012
363 replies
Post edited by Trinity on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Class of 2015 Results: Celebrate, Discuss, Support Here

• NJ PaladinNJ Paladin 117 replies0 threads Junior Member
    So I guess I will start the ball rolling.

D2 was accepted this week to LSU! She is the first kid in her class to have one in the bag and thrilled to know that no matter what else may come, she will be a "college girl" next fall. Three other applications completed with a couple more to go. Good luck to all and Geaux Tigers!
    · Reply · Share
  • mamommamom 3683 replies24 threads Senior Member
    Let me be the first to congratulate your D (well first on this thread!)
    · Reply · Share
  • fishymomfishymom 1707 replies142 threads Senior Member
    Congratulations to you daughter!!!
    · Reply · Share
  • 2blue2blue 1546 replies58 threads Senior Member
    Congrats to you and your D, NJ Paladin! I remember that excitement of knowing "I'm going to be a college student!"
    · Reply · Share
  • ldinctldinct 1640 replies171 threads Senior Member
    S received acceptance to the University of Alabama with the Presidential Scholarship! He is the first in his class as well to receive an acceptance. It's a great way to start off senior year.
    · Reply · Share
    ^It is indeed a great way to start off the year. Congrats.
    · Reply · Share
  • ezbethezbeth 2 replies0 threads New Member
    D has received academic acceptance to the only two schools she applied to - Belmont University and Catawba College!!! Although final acceptances are pending upcoming music auditions (one this week, one in November), a lot of the pressure has been relieved.
    · Reply · Share
  • momofsongbirdmomofsongbird 1225 replies11 threads Senior Member
    Congrats to all!

Ezbeth, best wishes to your D on her upcoming music auditions. My D's first one is Monday. Fingers crossed!
    · Reply · Share
  • Gamomof2Gamomof2 24 replies1 threads New Member
    congrats to everyone so far.

DD logged on today to see an acceptance from Auburn. It is the only school she applied to and the only one she wants to go to. Now we wait to see how much funding she is offered.

War Eagle!
    · Reply · Share
    Congrats to your D GAmom!

Ezbeth good luck to your D on her auditions.

Hard to believe we are so far behind everyone, we still haven't even hit submit.
    · Reply · Share
  • lizmanelizmane 156 replies25 threads Junior Member
    S got accepted into Drexel. It was his safety school, so now for the rest of the admission season, he can take some risks....
    · Reply · Share
  • mamabear1234mamabear1234 3482 replies45 threads Senior Member
    congrats to your S, lizmane! Mine sent his app to Drexel a couple of weeks ago, still waiting to hear; his safety also. The ED app to his #1 went more recently, they have a late ED notification, Jan 15, so it would be good to hear back from Drexel.
    · Reply · Share
    mamabear,

it will take another couple of weeks for you to hear from Drexel. Funny thing is, D did not get email from them. He found out by doing a status check. He found out also today that he got $11500 in merit scholarship. Again, funny enough, it was not on the status check page which said "congrats. you are accepted" on their web site. He only found out that he got it when he followed the link for admitted student information and such.
    · Reply · Share
  • walkinghomewalkinghome 7476 replies297 threads Senior Member
    lizmane, sent you a pm. Yay for Drexel and quick turn-around and congrats to all the accepted (ANYWHERE!) students! Son found out last night about Drexel - BIG smile!
    · Reply · Share
  • collegeshoppingcollegeshopping 1802 replies135 threads Senior Member
    D's received her acceptance a few days ago from the University of Texas Austin! She is still waiting to hear about admittance on one of the Honors Programs (one of which is her "dream" program)

Hook'em Horns!

And congrats to everyone above me!
    · Reply · Share
    Kathiep and lizmane, congrats!!!
    · Reply · Share
    Collegeshopping, great news! Fingers crossed for her on the Honors Program.
    · Reply · Share
    thanks!

Meanwhile, I have a question for the sages here.

my son was accepted by Drexel with $11500 of merit award based on his old SAT score.

his new score came up today and it went up quite nicely. I believe now this puts him in a top few % range given that his CR+M is well over 200 points above their average CR+M, and CR+M+W is well over 300 points of their average CR+M+W.

I wonder it if is possible to ask the admissions officer to up his merit aid - thinking, if he had applied after his new scores came out, they may have given him better merit aid. Have you heard of a case like this????

Drexel is his safety. However, if the merit award is outstanding, it may change his priority.
    · Reply · Share
    College Shopping _ congrats to your D! and fingers crossed she gets into the honors program.

Lizmane - I remember reading on the '10 board that merit would sometimes be increased if better SAT/ACT scores were submitted. Definitely worth a call. Seems like lots of '11's on CC are applying to Drexel this year.
    · Reply · Share
  • blueiguanablueiguana 7401 replies95 threads Senior Member
    Lizman - YES call your son's recruiter ASAP and let them know about the new scores. Ask if this will make a difference in the award, or help in any other scholarships he may be considered for within the school. Send the scores, but I'd make sure to let the recruiter know they are on their way. Otherwise he doesn't know to look for the change. You may also want to call the scholarship office to ask how/if a change in merit award is handled. The recruiter may not know all the ins and outs.
    My son is receiving merit aid and we were told to make sure to let them know of any increase in score so they could bump up his award.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity