Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Fashion Merchandising and Marketing

mrwyntermrwynter Registered User Posts: 16 New Member
I want to get into fashion. I am keen on merchandising, PR and marketing. My dream is to work for a designer. I am an honor student (Nat. Honor Society, well rounded, lots of volunteer and community work and have great references. My GPA is 3.4. I do not test well but hope to do ok on my SAT's in June (I am a hs junior).

My mom wants me to look at the business programs in marketing (Boston) in case I find out I am not 100% sure about fashion. We also agree I should apply to FIT and Parsons (where I know a few alumni and can secure great references).

Does it behoove me to seek out a tradition 4 year biz school and focus on great internships (or in the case of Northeastern co ops ) or should I go right to FIT or Parsons? I am 99% sure what I want to do and have felt this way for quite some time.

I am confused about FIT vs Parsons. What would be best for marketing and merchandising and the "biz" end of this industry?

I have great references at both and have talked to Scott Pobiner at Parsons for two years on email.

I am ready for a big city and hard work.

Thanks
This discussion has been closed.