Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Advice about applying to Penn State-Main Campus

Kayla92Kayla92 Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
edited October 2010 in Penn State
Okay so here's my problem,

I'm scheduled to re-take the SATs Oct. 9th, and I know the scores won't be here until at least two weeks later. However, I know it's important to apply early to help get admission to PSU-Main Campus. I'm a horrible test-taker when it comes to standardized tests so I'm not even sure if the re-take is going to help, even though I am trying to prepare. So, my question is, would it help my admission chances for me to apply now, earlier, with my current stats, or should I wait until I re-test?

These are my stats:

SAT
Math- 620
Reading-590
Writing-520

GPA- 4.0 (weighted), and my rank is in the top 10%.
Post edited by Kayla92 on

Replies to: Advice about applying to Penn State-Main Campus

• cwryan1cwryan1 Registered User Posts: 688 Member
    I would apply now with your current stats.
  • thedoothedoo Registered User Posts: 51 Junior Member
    My son also has a 1210 Math/Reading like you (690/520); total of all 3 is 1700. 3.933 GPA, top 20% and he applied the first day the application went live. He is also retaking SAT 10/9 and ACT 10/23 (got 25 first time)... so your stats are a little bit better than his; I think you have a real strong chance.. you should refer to the Penn State chances bubble chart.. it kinds of gives you an idea as to where you stand
    ....here is the link: http://admissions.psu.edu/info/counselors/bubble_chart06.pdf
    Locate your GPA on y axis and SAT on x - see where the 2 cross and you wil see that from this chart you look to be in great shape... of course, upping your scores even if just a little can always improve your odds...Hope that helps :)
  • eromano333eromano333 Registered User Posts: 534 Member
    you'll get in. I too am taking the Oct 9 SATs, but I am applying rolling (I sent my application yesterday and my SAT Scores today).
This discussion has been closed.