right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

IMPORTANT NEWS: CC Forums are now in read-only mode as the team is working on the transition to a new look with enhanced features. We anticipate full service on the site to return on Nov. 24. Read more about this here!

What are my chances??

LFL2000LFL2000 3 replies1 threads New Member
Hi Everyone, Penn State - (University Park) is the #1 dream school for my son. He will apply in September 2016, as soon as the application is available. WE ARE out of State (NY). He will to apply to the College of Communications and wishes to begin and participate in the LEAP program in the summer of 2017. His vitals are listed below:
Class Rank: 19/191 (Top 10%) After 5 semesters.
GPA: 92.4 unweighted and 94.8 weighted (school slightly weights AP classes only)
ACT: 25 (will retake in April & June), ELA 25, STEM 26
He will graduate with 8 AP classes and the rest of the classes were in the Accelerated program.
National Honor Society (11-12), Athletic Leadership (9-12), Athletic Honor Society (10-12) Secretary (11) President (12),
Varsity Baseball (9-12) Captain (11-12), Varsity Volleyball (11-12) Captain (12), Spanish Honor Society (11-12), Marching Band (9-12). We have no legacy or family graduates from Penn State. Any and all feedback is welcome!! Thank you for your time!!
2 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: What are my chances??

• japsmomjapsmom 161 replies0 threads Junior Member
    edited February 2016
    He sounds like he has a good chance especially for summer session. He has the same class rank as my son who was accepted in January. Just an fyi, it doesn't matter if you apply Sept 1st, as long as you apply by November 30. Penn State has a modified rolling admission process. Many students who applied Sept 1st did not hear back until the end of January.
    edited February 2016
    · Reply · Share
  • LFL2000LFL2000 3 replies1 threads New Member
    Got it!! Thank you for your reply!! Best wishes to your son!!
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity