right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

IMPORTANT NEWS: CC Forums are now in read-only mode as the team is working on the transition to a new, modern forum platform with enhanced features. We anticipate full service on the site to return by Friday, Nov. 27 at 2:00pm ET. Read more about this here!

Roommate decides he won't attend psu

TheDude122098TheDude122098 0 replies5 threads New Member
My roommate isn't going to PSU anymore. He just told me this today and we start moving in on August 19. Will I get a new roommate? It seems like it's a little late for that, but I'd like to know.
4 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Roommate decides he won't attend psu

• TomSrOfBostonTomSrOfBoston 16082 replies1082 threads Senior Member
    PDU is overenrolled, you will likely have a new roommate soon.
    · Reply · Share
  • naptownnittanynaptownnittany 40 replies1 threads Junior Member
    Housing is at a premium this year, so I would think you will likely be assigned a roommate by move-in day. If not by move-in day, then shortly after.
    · Reply · Share
  • PetulaClarkPetulaClark 625 replies8 threads Member
    Did the roommate happen to be someone you knew from high school? A best friend? If so, count yourself lucky. My daughter roomed with her HS best friend her Freshman year. They hung out together all the time, then friend dropped out Spring semester; lots of stress. Daughter could have met so many more people.

If the non-roommate was a random match, then it's like the other posters said, you'll get a new one.
    · Reply · Share
  • bodanglesbodangles 8628 replies557 threads Senior Member
    They are pretty quick about this kind of thing. My freshman roommate moved out midsemester and a new one moved in three days later.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity