Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
We are excited to announce a new role on College Confidential: The Forum Champion! Read all about it and apply now.

Roommate decides he won't attend psu

TheDude122098TheDude122098 Registered User Posts: 5 New Member
My roommate isn't going to PSU anymore. He just told me this today and we start moving in on August 19. Will I get a new roommate? It seems like it's a little late for that, but I'd like to know.

Replies to: Roommate decides he won't attend psu

• TomSrOfBostonTomSrOfBoston Registered User Posts: 13,155 Senior Member
    PDU is overenrolled, you will likely have a new roommate soon.
  • naptownnittanynaptownnittany Registered User Posts: 41 Junior Member
    Housing is at a premium this year, so I would think you will likely be assigned a roommate by move-in day. If not by move-in day, then shortly after.
  • PetulaClarkPetulaClark Registered User Posts: 627 Member
    Did the roommate happen to be someone you knew from high school? A best friend? If so, count yourself lucky. My daughter roomed with her HS best friend her Freshman year. They hung out together all the time, then friend dropped out Spring semester; lots of stress. Daughter could have met so many more people.

If the non-roommate was a random match, then it's like the other posters said, you'll get a new one.
  • bodanglesbodangles Registered User Posts: 8,959 Senior Member
    They are pretty quick about this kind of thing. My freshman roommate moved out midsemester and a new one moved in three days later.
This discussion has been closed.