Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

help me please!

hellox3hellox3 Registered User Posts: 50 Junior Member
edited October 2006 in Penn State
I am just making sure that Penn State does not require any teacher recommendations right? just a guidence consuler's one? and would it help if I just sent in a teacher recommendation anyways?

This is my big question.
I want to do business at Penn State, but my SAT scores for math are definitely not as good as my CR and writing. Do you think I should just apply undecided and later just change into the business school? is it hard to do? do you have to wait a period of time before you can change?

THANK YOU!
Post edited by hellox3 on

Replies to: help me please!

• barren_fieldbarren_field Registered User Posts: 157 Junior Member
    I believe there is a way of putting down your first and second choice major. So I dunno, maybe if you like put Business as your first choice and then a backup as your second...and if you're not good enough for Business they may still admit you into your 2nd choice? I have no idea really as I am a new applicant myself and don't know much about Penn State.
  • z5sharpz5sharp Registered User Posts: 250 Junior Member
    Penn State does not accept any teacher recommendations. Not even a guidance counselor one. It wouldn't help at all sending recs.

I'm not sure how easy it is to transfer into Smeal Business College, so I can't help. But if you applied (and got accepted) as Undecided (under DUS) and later found out that you could not get into the business major, what would you do?
  • rlm919rlm919 Registered User Posts: 1,034 Senior Member
    According to the web site, most DUS students are not eligible to apply for a major in the Smeal College of Business until their fourth semester. And then it is not guaranteed that you would get in.
  • hellox3hellox3 Registered User Posts: 50 Junior Member
    Thank you guys very much! thats all I needed to know :)
This discussion has been closed.