Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Transfer--Chances/Advice?

astro30astro30 Registered User Posts: 105 Junior Member
20 yr old, white, male, Graduated from a private New England academy in 2004, GPA: 3.0/4.0 , SAT I: 1180 (M:610 V:570), Varsity Lacrosse (Captain, All-State), Varsity Football (All-State), Future Business Leaders of America, Youth Lacrosse Coach, Special Olympics Coach/Aide

I have been out of school for the past 2.5 years. Since graduating, I have been working full-time in sales. Along with work, I keep busy as a volunteer coach in the town youth lacrosse and football programs. I also am a seasonal volunteer in the local church soup kitchen. I have an internship coming up this Spring with the Democratic National Party in my state's capital and I am also going to Costa Rica for 2 weeks in the summer as a volunteer english teacher.

I am beginning college coursework this Spring for the first time and I would like to apply for transfer admission to PSU upon completion of 60 semester credits. I am hoping to maintain a GPA of 3.6-3.8 during my two years. Do I seem to be a potential PSU transfer? What advice do you have for me? Should I consider PSU as a potential transfer school or is it far too much of a reach, even with a solid college transcript?

Thank You
This discussion has been closed.