Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

my chances of getting into penn state! ...feeback please!

kevinyuan.2010kevinyuan.2010 Registered User Posts: 47 Junior Member
edited June 2009 in Penn State
I'm a junior in high school right now and I am an Asian male in Los Angeles

What are my chances with my statistics, I regretfully have slacked off quite a lot at school thus reflected in my low G.P.A. but hopefully my E.C. and SAT scores will balance it out and my personal statements are guaranteed to be unique and heartwarming.

I am applying as a minority and out of state student thus I am guessing my chances would be higher.

GPA:3.33
Weighted: 3.8
SAT I: 2200
SAT II BIO: 690
SAT II MATH II C: 750
SAT II LIT: 720
SAT II CHEM: 720

Once again I know my grades are average and mediocre at best but I have been to 8 schools in 3 different countries and I can speak 4 different languages and being Asian, I will be some what of a minority.

EC: Tennis Team and Tennis Captain, School Newspaper Staff, Hospital Volunteer, Dance Committee, Badminton, Visual Art 3D, Ceramics Award, National Merit, Senior Men and Women (Freshmen Orientation) Committee, Math Team

Feedback is appreciated
Post edited by kevinyuan.2010 on

Replies to: my chances of getting into penn state! ...feeback please!

• michemiche Registered User Posts: 186 Junior Member
    They use weighted so you are good.
  • OG_mAsOG_mAs Registered User Posts: 7 New Member
    I would say that you have a pretty good shot at getting in. as miche said they use weighted GPA and your sats are definitely good to get in. What school are you applying into?
  • kevinyuan.2010kevinyuan.2010 Registered User Posts: 47 Junior Member
    mkay thanks for the feeback
    uhh the other schools are

cornell
    dartmouth
    ucla
    uc berkeley
    ucsd
    uci
    usc
    ut austin
    lsu
    vassar
    tufts

maybe moree
  • momwritermomwriter Registered User Posts: 269 Junior Member
    I believe the previous post was asking about which college (at Penn State) you were considering - as in, the College of Business, College of Communications, etc. Some are viewed as more competitive than others and thus tend to be harder to get into.
This discussion has been closed.