Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

help,Penn state U or UIUC?

jennywangjennywang Registered User Posts: 8 New Member
edited June 2009 in Penn State
i got accepted by both the U, going to major in business,im an international student and i dont know much about the schools except the overall ranking,which uiuc is bit ahead of psu,im not sure which one to pick.i hope u guys actually from the U can tell me something more specific about the school such as the academic,people,surroundings..or just how americans think of the two schools also comparing? thanks a lot!
Post edited by jennywang on

Replies to: help,Penn state U or UIUC?

• IVaviIVavi Registered User Posts: 28 New Member
    UIUCs better in my opinion
  • jennywangjennywang Registered User Posts: 8 New Member
    and...why?
  • CoolbrezzeCoolbrezze Registered User Posts: 5,403 Senior Member
    Both are good universities.....

Though think about PSU- University Park is that it's all within a small town, while UIUC is within a small city.... so there may be somewhat more to do with UIUC. As for PSU- University Park, many students still seem like they find much to do.
  • CoolbrezzeCoolbrezze Registered User Posts: 5,403 Senior Member
    Overall, I would probably say PSU- University Park... just would be concern if you can find things to do near.
  • CH121SCH121S Registered User Posts: 1,077 Senior Member
    I would say if you want to work on the east coast, Penn State. If you want to work in the Mid-West, UIUC.

Both are great Big ten schools. Also, you shouldnt have to worry too much about being in a small town at Penn State....theres still lots to do with 50k students there ;).
  • btholl09btholl09 Registered User Posts: 50 Junior Member
    I live in illinois and i've seen the school many times but i'm going to penn state....overall i like the campus a lot more. also, penn state has a very large base of alumni....much larger than uiuc...it could help you get a job at a later time. go with penn state.
This discussion has been closed.