Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
We want your feedback! Complete our survey and enter to win one of four $25 gift cards.

Penn State 2012 Acceptances

qjo2882qjo2882 Registered User Posts: 59 Junior Member
Has anyone else been accepted to the BFA MT program at Penn State? :)
Post edited by qjo2882 on

Replies to: Penn State 2012 Acceptances

• mtguy113mtguy113 Registered User Posts: 19 New Member
    When did you audition?
  • stagedoor22stagedoor22 Registered User Posts: 132 Junior Member
    Based on on previous years... there are a few early acceptances. But the majority of the class gets their acceptance letters the week after the last audition. So that would be the end of the week of February 27th. (It was by mail previously). Also, if previous years' experience apply to this year, the class of 2016 will have 14 members.
  • qjo2882qjo2882 Registered User Posts: 59 Junior Member
    I auditioned on January 21st and heard back on January 30th.
  • chocolettunderchocolettunder Registered User Posts: 5 New Member
    I'm so nervous, I auditioned February 4th, and I have not heard anything yet.
  • mtguy113mtguy113 Registered User Posts: 19 New Member
    most people don't hear early.. don't worry, most will hear at the same time. At my audition they told us that once all auditions were over, they would sit down and try to put together a class out of the audition tapes.
  • supportivesupportive Registered User Posts: 441 Member
    What I still don't understand is how some people already know that they got accepted into MT at Penn State. There's a boy in my daughter's class that said he got in and he auditioned at LA Unifieds. I saw a girl on the MTCA facebook page with a letter dated 2/6 from Penn State accepting her into the program. Unifieds hadn't even happened yet! My D got a call back at NY Unifieds and was filmed but haven't heard anything yet either. At least at the school where's she's going, they didn't make decisions until AFTER all the auditions! That seems much more fair!
  • stagedoor22stagedoor22 Registered User Posts: 132 Junior Member
    supportive - there are MANY schools that extend acceptances before all auditions are complete. Schools do so when they see someone they really feel is a good fit for the program and that no matter who else they see, they would like that individual in the program.

Please review the Acceptances thread. Most of those schools have accepted those students before all the auditions were complete or before they've notified all of the auditionees of their status. There isn't anything at all unusual or unfair about this practice. Schools may differ in how/when they notify applicants of their decisions, but they're making their decisions after every audition. Please don't make this a Penn State issue. It's not.
This discussion has been closed.