Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Waitlist process?

13»

Replies to: Waitlist process?

• MrsDrzMrsDrz Registered User Posts: 227 Junior Member
    My D was also offered on the spot acceptance at Unifieds (12th) and received the email a few days later. The offical COPA letter arrived a few weeks later. Keep in mind that the adjudicator at Unifieds may have been completely in the dark as to how many deposit checks the school received that weekend. Admissions and COPA are two separate entities. This is clear when several schools make offers and say, "But this is contingent on your acceptance to the college..."
    Regarding kids still getting acceptances...ONLY the 20 girl slots have been filled. Boys out there are still OK and IMHO should be calling for more scholarship $$ because they need boys!
  • glassharmonicaglassharmonica Registered User Posts: 3,091 Senior Member
    Keep in mind that the adjudicator at Unifieds may have been completely in the dark as to how many deposit checks the school received that weekend. Admissions and COPA are two separate entities. This is clear when several schools make offers and say, "But this is contingent on your acceptance to the college..."
    Isn't it their business to know this information? Other schools don't have this problem.
  • SDonCCSDonCC Registered User Posts: 2,373 Senior Member
    soozievt has posted how students can appeal to the Ntl Assoc of College Counseling:
    http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/14244580-post4.html
    I don't think so because checks are sent to admissions not COPA and if they all arrived on that weekend the office wouldn't have been processing until Monday so noone would have known on Saturday and Sunday. Don't get me wrong, I'm super frustrated about what happened because some people had many if not all eggs in the PP basket and that is a total disappointment, but I'm just saying that I can see HOW it may have happened. I do think PP's reputation will be severely negatively affected by this moving forward.
  • MTTwinsinCAMTTwinsinCA Registered User Posts: 640 Member
    S got letter via US Mail today that he was accepted to PPU for MT with small merit scholarship. He's already committed to Rider, so it is a moot point, but this may signal some movement at least for MT boys...
  • pugdog8pugdog8 Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
    Has anyone heard anything about the waitlist for girls? Anyone get In?
    Friend's D contacted last week that D had moved up to #9 on waitlist from #12...she has decided to attend BoCo now anyway!
  • nymom94nymom94 Registered User Posts: 80 Junior Member
    My D also moved up 3 spots but is still waitlisted.
  • actandbelt123actandbelt123 Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello! I am a current acting major at Point Park, and I wanted to say first off that I am terribly sorry for the experiences that some people on this thread are having. For the past few years, PPU has kind of messed up the acceptance/waitlist process (two years ago, they sent acceptance letters to those on the waitlist as well as those who were originally accepted, and last year they under-accepted acting majors and were holding auditions in July). I can confirm that as of a few weeks ago, they were still auditioning for MT boys to be accepted, but MT girls were only auditioning for the waitlist. This being said, Point Park is weird, but (at least the faculty I've had in my two years being there), they don't view students as being "replaceable". I hope everything works out. If anyone has any questions, I'd be more than happy to answer to the best of my ability!
  • nymom94nymom94 Registered User Posts: 80 Junior Member
    My Daughter is still on the accepted student wait list. We received a letter last week giving us 3 options. She can go to PP this Fall for Theatre....she can defer to Fall 2013 for Musical Theatre - will not have to re-audition, keeping scholarship the same with $2,000.00 extra scholarship money or stay on the wait list until August and if she does not get off the wait list, the deposit will be refunded. I just figured everyone would want an update on the situation.
13»
This discussion has been closed.