right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
We've updated the Topics page of our website to better organize and share our expert content. Read more about it here.

Pomona College Class of 2023 Waitlisted Applicants

Chri5KimChri5Kim 1 replies1 threadsRegistered User New Member
Who else got waitlisted to Pomona?
16 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Pomona College Class of 2023 Waitlisted Applicants

• CreatorStarxCreatorStarx 17 replies1 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    meee!
    · Reply · Share
  • mercatmercat 10 replies2 threadsRegistered User New Member
    Did you letter say how many applications there were this year?
    · Reply · Share
  • Chri5KimChri5Kim 1 replies1 threadsRegistered User New Member
    Nope, it only said how many applicants accepted the waitlist offer last year and the number of people they took off the waitlist
    · Reply · Share
  • SienaRoseSienaRose 78 replies8 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    I got accepted off the waitlist last year and the main thing I can tell you is to send an email with a statement of interest to your admissions rep and update them on your academic progress. I sent in my IB predicted scores and that was I getting an award at the end of the school year. Make it clear why you're interested in Pomona and what you can contribute uniquely to the college!
    · Reply · Share
  • oakmossfigoakmossfig 5 replies0 threadsRegistered User New Member
    I just got accepted off the waitlist! I got a call.
    · Reply · Share
  • sslluvs2readsslluvs2read 18 replies1 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    @oakmossfig Can you tell us your stats? If you sent an LOC, if you’re in state or domestic, etc?
    · Reply · Share
  • oakmossfigoakmossfig 5 replies0 threadsRegistered User New Member
    I had a 34 act and a 3.8 GPA. Not great extracurriculars if I'm honest but I feel that my story was definitely interesting and I took the hardest classes available to me this year and did well. Sent in an effusive letter a couple of weeks ago essentially saying that I would 100% go to Pomona if given the opportunity- which I will be doing, barring any financial complications. I'm in state. Super happy! My mom and I have been talking about it non-stop. Good luck to everyone still waiting!
    · Reply · Share
  • Stealthy101MomStealthy101Mom 6 replies0 threadsRegistered User New Member
    Has anyone else gotten any updates from the WL?
    · Reply · Share
  • Hogwarts7Hogwarts7 1 replies0 threadsRegistered User New Member
    When did you hear about getting off waitlist and how did you find out ?
    · Reply · Share
  • Bluebelle3271Bluebelle3271 1 replies0 threadsRegistered User New Member
    I just got in off the waitlist! I got a call and they offered me a spot. For the person who got in already, did they send you an email or update your portal quickly after? Until I have something concrete I’m going to feel like it’s fake.
    · Reply · Share
  • WaitlistquestionthingWaitlistquestionthing 1 replies0 threadsRegistered User New Member
    I just got off the waitlist too yesterday! They said they would send me an admissions packet. Not sure if they meant via mail or the internet (probably mail?). Very excited ;))
    · Reply · Share
  • waitlister08waitlister08 3 replies0 threadsRegistered User New Member
    Can I ask if you are a domestic student or international one? I’m an international one waiting to hear from the waitlist so I just wondered if maybe they informed us at different points?
    · Reply · Share
  • OrangeBlossomMomOrangeBlossomMom 138 replies1 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    @waitlister08 My daughter got in off the waitlist--she is a domestic student. Phone call first, and then a portal change notification about 24 hrs. later.
    · Reply · Share
    Okay thank you for that-so they notify by call? Still waiting to hear keeping everything crossed!
    · Reply · Share
    Have any international students heard?
    · Reply · Share
  • LinapoLinapo 3 replies0 threadsRegistered User New Member
    Is the waiting list activity complete?
    · Reply · Share