right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
1 DAY until our COVID-19's impact on admissions webinar, tomorrow at 3:00 pm ET. REGISTER NOW and let us know what questions you have and want answered.
Check out our newest addition to the Student Lounge. Go to the "STUDENT HERE: Ask Me Anything!" and connect with fellow students who can answer your school specific questions!
Most of the decisions are in by now. Connect with fellow students and share support for those who didn't get the best news.

Dual Enrollment Physics vs. AP classes

pdk304pdk304 14 replies4 threads Junior Member
Ok, I'm currently a freshman in high school, and I'm having a lot of trouble deciding between pursuing DE physics classes vs. normal AP science classes. Here are the two paths I can take:

DE:
Sophomore year
AP Physics C: Mechanics
AP Physics C: E&M
Junior year:
Physics II
Physics III
Senior year:
Quantum Physics I
Quantum Physics II

AP (Normal):
Sophomore year:
AP Chemistry
Junior year:
AP Physics C: Mechanics
AP Physics C: E&M
Senior year:
AP Biology

I guess the advantage of going the DE route is that I enjoy physics the most, and this route will let me pursue that field very far. In addition, it will help me stand out among applicants (I'm assuming there aren't many high schoolers who have taken quantum physics before graduating). However, many colleges seem to expect applicants to have taken a balanced load of science courses. Please help!

0 replies
· Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity