Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
We want your feedback! Complete our survey and enter to win one of four $25 gift cards.

Biology Major with Chem Minor. Is it Worth it?

kastyosokastyoso Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
Hi, I’m majoring in biology with a minor in chemistry. I’m not the type to care what people say because some people are full of crap , but someone said a degree in biology won’t get you anything ? How true is this? I want to be a dental hygienist.
Post edited by Chedva on

Replies to: Biology Major with Chem Minor. Is it Worth it?

• dentmom4dentmom4 Registered User Posts: 975 Member
    Dental hygiene is a 2-yr associates degree, or you can do a 4-yr degree in dental hygiene (usually for people who want to teach dental hygiene or just want the BS degree) if it's available at your college, but you get a bachelor's in dental hygiene as a hygienist, not bio or chem.

Have you talked to your advisor? Seems like you are on a pre-dent track.....heading to dental school.
  • intparentintparent Registered User Posts: 31,553 Senior Member
    It is true that an undergrad bio degree alone isn't really very employable (but neither is a Chem degree). There are tons of bio majors who expected to go to med school, but didn't get in. Yes, talk to your advisor.