Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

What majors are recommended to go into the orthodontist career starting at a 4 year university?

juliec01juliec01 Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
Im a high school student , who isn't really sure what to major in I have some colleges in mind , but I do know that I want to be a orthodontist. My plan is to apply at UC Merced, UC Irvine, UC Davis ,UC Santa Cruz, UC Riverside , San Francisco State , and California State University Monterey Bay.

Replies to: What majors are recommended to go into the orthodontist career starting at a 4 year university?

• happy1happy1 Forum Champion Parents, Forum Champion Admissions Posts: 22,203 Forum Champion
    You can major in anything, you just need to take the required courses for dental school (google "required courses dental school" or "dental school requirements").

Most colleges have a pre-health advisory group -- contact them when you choose a college.
  • paul2752paul2752 Registered User Posts: 5,004 Senior Member
    Technically anything, but you are "recommended" to take upper bio/chemistry level courses.