Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Transient Student Impact on Dental School Admission

confusedboiconfusedboi Registered User Posts: 13 New Member
I attend UAB, and I'm currently taking introductory Biology 1. The class is known as the weed-out class, and it is made unnecessarily harder for no reason as told by many of the upperclassmen students. The class is a big struggle, and I am most likely going to withdraw. However, when I retake it, I would have to do in my home state as summer classes are expensive out of state. If I were to retake it this summer, I would like to do it at Georgia State University, which is a 4 year university, and the credits would transfer as well as the grade, and it would raise my GPA as I am positive I would hopefully receive an A at the institution. However, summer courses are expensive here as they are $291 per credit hour. Therefore, I have considered of taking it at a closer and cheaper ($150 per credit hour) 4 year university known as Georgia Gwinnett College. This college is an accredited 4 year university, but it isn't as reputable as Georgia State University. So, I was wondering if any of this would impact my admissions for dental school. I am a second semester freshman, and this is definitely the only and last Withdrawal I plan on having my transcript.

P.S: I plan on taking Biology 2 the summer after next at whichever Georgia institution is recommended by y'all in the thread.