right arrow
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: ski_racer, a high-achiever in high school, was rejected by some of the elite schools she applied to. This rejection was the best thing that happened to her as she got to choose her own path. Learn how she fell in love with her safety school, ASK HER ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our August Checklist for HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

grade problem with C-

podong193podong193 0 replies1 threads New Member
Im trying to apply for dental schools but I realized most of them require C or better scores. I had one C- for general chemistry 1 in my freshmen year but the university does not allow to retake because C- is a passing grade.

What should I do?? Should I take an online class to fulfill the requirement?
1 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: grade problem with C-

• UCBUSCalumUCBUSCalum 1204 replies5 threads Senior Member
    I am not sure if it would do any good, but you can take the course at a community college. However, the C- will still be in your university transcripts and will hurt your dental school chances. Getting a C or C-, especially in an important course such as chemistry might basically preclude you from getting into dental school. You might be able to overcome this by getting A's in most of your other science courses, organic chemistry, physics, biology, bio chem, and calculus. Otherwise, consider changing majors.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity