right arrow
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: ak2018 is a rising junior at Virginia Tech having transferred from George Mason University. He'll answer any question, including about his studies abroad or his research at NASA. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our July Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Dental school

alicheikhalicheikh 0 replies1 threads New Member
Hey so i just recently graduated from rutgers university. I am going to apply for dental school but i have some wuestions. First question is that my first 2 years were done at a community college and j ended it with a 4 i then transferred to rutgers university and the first semester was rocky because i still wasnt adapted to the workload needed to succeeed at this school. After that 3.0 semester i boosted to a 3.7 in the second semester at rutgers. In the third semester i took 18 credits with 15 all science classes and so i dropped to a 3.2. This past spring I finished the semester with another 3.7. I ended my time at rutgers with a 3.4 cummulative gpa and 3.2 science gpa. Now given that my gpa at CC was 4 do i factor in that gpa to my 4 year gpa? Do you think i have the numbers to get into dental school?(keep in mind if i fsctor all science classes together from CC and 4 -year as a gpa i have a cumulative science gpa of 3.7 and a cumulative overall gpa of 3.7-3.8)
3 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Dental school

• dentmom4dentmom4 1524 replies4 threads Senior Member
    Are you applying in the current cycle that opened June 1? Are you ready to submit an application within 3 weeks?

What does your pre-health advisor say? Your GPA is a little on the low side, do you have a decent DAT score, great ECs, shadowing?

If you haven’t started your application yet, you are woefully behind and may need to delay to the next cycle. You could apply to a science master’s program to boost your GPA post-grad (show ability to handle higher level science classes) and get some quality time in to preparing a great application.
    · Reply · Share
  • DentalGuyDentalGuy 1 replies0 threads New Member
    edited June 15
    edited June 15
    · Reply · Share
  • EmpireappleEmpireapple 2242 replies28 threads Senior Member
    Try SUNY Buffalo.
    · Reply · Share