Please advice me on when to take the MCAT.
I recently took her MCAT and got a 486 so i am not applying to medical schools this cycle. However, I want to apply to an MPH or SMPs and both of them require a mcat score of 500 or more. The applications for masters are rolling and open mid-nov 2019 and close mid-april 2020. I want to take the mcat again in September 2019 to get a score to apply to masters and take the mcat again in January 2020 to get a score to apply for medical schools for the next cycle. Is this a good idea?
Here is what I am afraid of:
1) I have no problem just taking the mcat in jan 2020 and applying for both masters and med schools, if my score is good, but i am afraid that i wont be accepted into a masters program if i apply that late since they are rolling.
2) I think there will be a big break between my recent mcat and the one in Jan 2020, and am afraid i am gonna lose the tempo in studying.
3) If i dont do well enough in jan 2020 to apply for masters or med schools, i will have 2 gap years and am afraid of what i can do during those years.
What should i do? take the mcat in sept 2019 to apply for masters and take it again in jan 2020 to apply for med schools OR just take it in jan 2020 and apply for medical schools and take a chance for masters?
Some background info about me:
- I am is working full time this summer (2019) and will be taking 18 hours in the fall.
- My cGPA and sGPA are well above 3.0
- I am is graduating spring 2020
Thank you so much!