Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
ocean7878ocean7878 Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
Hey,

So I’m currently a student a Unnivesity of Florida doing premed and I’m in organic chemistry right now. I’ll probably get a C in it. My science GPA will be a 3.44 I think?

I got an
A chem 1
A in chem lab
A- chem 2
A-in chem lab 2
B- Bio ( haven’t taken bio lab but I will think I will get an a)
B- pre calc
B- calculus
This is just the science and math classes I have taken.
But basically should I continue on like will I still have a chance? I currently volunteer at a nursing home and I work a part time job. My overall GPA is a 3.7 /// idk after organic though lol.

Replies to: Premed

• WayOutWestMomWayOutWestMom Registered User Posts: 10,183 Senior Member
    One C (or even an F) will not keep you out of medical school.

Your project sGPA is not great, but you still have time to improve your GPA/sGPA.

Keep an open mind about attending osteopathic medical schools.
  • JohnMaxhariJohnMaxhari Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
    Agree with ^^. You'll be a strong candidate for DO at this rate, and with great EC's, you'll have a shot at some MDs.
  • Justin072400Justin072400 Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    I have a brother who didn’t take Premed but still managed to get into med school after getting a good score on the MCAT with a 3.75 (approx.) as a physics major. Definitely do your best on the MCAT and you’ll have a chance of making it.