right arrow
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: AMALehigh is a rising sophomore at Lehigh University, majoring in Finance. He answers questions about academics, networking, finance, Greek life, or Lehigh in general. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our July Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Premed

ocean7878ocean7878 1 replies1 threads New Member
Hey,

So I’m currently a student a Unnivesity of Florida doing premed and I’m in organic chemistry right now. I’ll probably get a C in it. My science GPA will be a 3.44 I think?

I got an
A chem 1
A in chem lab
A- chem 2
A-in chem lab 2
B- Bio ( haven’t taken bio lab but I will think I will get an a)
B- pre calc
B- calculus
This is just the science and math classes I have taken.
But basically should I continue on like will I still have a chance? I currently volunteer at a nursing home and I work a part time job. My overall GPA is a 3.7 /// idk after organic though lol.

3 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Premed

• WayOutWestMomWayOutWestMom 10985 replies235 threads Senior Member
    One C (or even an F) will not keep you out of medical school.

Your project sGPA is not great, but you still have time to improve your GPA/sGPA.

Keep an open mind about attending osteopathic medical schools.
    · Reply · Share
  • JohnMaxhariJohnMaxhari 4 replies0 threads New Member
    Agree with ^^. You'll be a strong candidate for DO at this rate, and with great EC's, you'll have a shot at some MDs.
    · Reply · Share
  • Justin072400Justin072400 2 replies0 threads New Member
    I have a brother who didn’t take Premed but still managed to get into med school after getting a good score on the MCAT with a 3.75 (approx.) as a physics major. Definitely do your best on the MCAT and you’ll have a chance of making it.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity