Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

English Courses for medical school???

GotRiceGotRice Registered User Posts: 74 Junior Member
edited May 2011 in Pre-Med Topics
I am aware that a year of English is required for medical/dental schools. And this summer I'm taking a summer school course at a different college (in Canada) in order to get transfer credits; and one of the courses I'm taking is English. After I'm done, I will get an equivalent credit for the English course from the school I attend (in the US) but I've been told that my grade will not be recorded in the transcript since I took the course from a different school. My question is do medical schools REQUIRE letter grades for English as well, along with the prerequisite science courses?

N'AM SAYIN' DAWG?
Post edited by GotRice on

Replies to: English Courses for medical school???

• curmudgeoncurmudgeon Registered User Posts: 12,128 Senior Member
    You will submit a transcript from your Canadian school and it will have a grade on it. That grade will be on your application. What your UG does with that grade on their transcript is of no concern to AMCAS.
This discussion has been closed.