Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

It's difficult to find information about Caribbean medical schools.

Ankur1521Ankur1521 Registered User Posts: 1,024 Senior Member
edited November 2011 in Pre-Med Topics
So the big 4 schools are the only schools to look at when applying, Ross, Saba, AUC, and St. George.

What are the requirements for getting in? (People say pretty much anyone who meets the requirements and applies with a 2.5 GPA+ and a 19 MCAT + gets in, but I find this hard to believe).
Tuition and financial aid at Caribbean med schools vs US Med schools?
What tests are essential to a Caribbean Med student's success to practicing in the US?
How is the social life on the islands of these schools? (Haven't found anything about this).

Thanks.
Post edited by Ankur1521 on

Replies to: It's difficult to find information about Caribbean medical schools.

• mom2collegekidsmom2collegekids Forum Champion Financial Aid, Forum Champion Alabama Posts: 84,194 Forum Champion
    Why are you considering these schools?
    Why not just do the normal route of undergrad and med school in the US?
  • IcarusIcarus Registered User Posts: 4,336 Senior Member
    (People say pretty much anyone who meets the requirements and applies with a 2.5 GPA+ and a 19 MCAT + gets in, but I find this hard to believe)

They're wrong - you might be able to get into a carib school with those stats, but not the big 4.
    Tuition and financial aid at Caribbean med schools vs US Med schools?

I find it difficult to believe that you couldn't find this info - I just went to SGU's site, and within 5 seconds, found the pages with lots of information on tuition and loans, etc. Look at the school's sites - its' all there.
    What tests are essential to a Caribbean Med student's success to practicing in the US?

No sense worrying about these things - you need to worry about getting in first.
    How is the social life on the islands of these schools?

Again, why are you worrying about this? If you're going to a school on the islands, it's because you couldn't get into a US school and social life should be the least of your concerns.

And once more, I spent all of 2 seconds on google and found a plethora of student blogs on this topic.
  • mmmcdowemmmcdowe Registered User Posts: 2,353 Senior Member
    We aren't supposed to recommend other websites on this forum, but there is a certain forum out there that focuses on foreign schools. It is called ValueMD, you may find your answers there.
  • skyislovelyskyislovely Registered User Posts: 9 New Member
    2.5 no I dn't think so I think it's 3.2 and higher
    but still u have chances if u have a gpa of 3.0
This discussion has been closed.