Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Pre-med at binghamton or any major at NYU Steinhardt

tootrue420tootrue420 Registered User Posts: 13 New Member
edited June 2013 in Pre-Med Topics
Urgent response please:

Greetings,

I have been accepted to several college as a transfer students. Over the past 3 years I have emphasized on pure sciences. My initial goal was or is to enter med school. I graduated from a community college with honors with liberal arts math and science.

Later I was accepted into a program at an (Ivy University anonymous) where my GPA of pure science (biology mostly) dropped to a 2.5. This was just a program at (anonymous) I was a non-matriculated student. First semester of biology I (lecture= B- and lab=B-) second semester Bio II (lecture=C and lab=C-) which I would like to repeat. I know I can perform well, actually very confident. I was distracted due to family issues when I took Bio II. Then I took 2 upper level bio (I received 2 B-) and (chemistry lecture B-). I did one year of research in neuroscience at that university (anonymous).

I am scared to pursue pre-med because I dont know if I am good at pure sciences or if I will make it to med-school with these grades. It was a big transition for me from a community college to the Ivys. Honestly I had lots of personal factors which were obstacles and distraction. Now I have none of those problems and have been accepted to several colleges.

Should I pursue applied psychology at NYU, or pre med at Binghamton?

Some of my favorite choices are:

(NYU Steinhardt)- $32000 cctop scholarship but limited majors which I am not interested in or have any previous knowledge and experience (applied psychology, public health, science education and many more), anything Steinhardt offers.

(Binghamton University SUNY)- Accepted to Harpur college in biological sciences. Good Fafsa deal, almost same amount of loan as NYU.
Post edited by tootrue420 on

Replies to: Pre-med at binghamton or any major at NYU Steinhardt

• tootrue420tootrue420 Registered User Posts: 13 New Member
    Edit: look at this note on loans

(NYU Steinhardt)- $32000 cctop scholarship but limited majors which I am not interested in or have any previous knowledge and experience (applied psychology, public health, science education and many more), anything Steinhardt offers. No loans if i decline housing.

(Binghamton University SUNY)- Accepted to Harpur college in biological sciences. Good Fafsa deal, moderate amount of loans.
  • nyumom2nyumom2 Registered User Posts: 25 New Member
    seems suny binghamton makes the most sense-might have more of an opportunity to find your niche upstate NY
This discussion has been closed.