I am currently a freshmen with CHBE major in U of Alabama, and I am aiming for med school.
Why am I asking this? It may be early but because I have heard many things about how long it take to finish app for med school and how I should finish MCAT as soon as possible, it's been making feel nervous a lot. Unlike high school, it's not easy at all to make up for missing homework and stuff, so I would like to have some guidelines from people here who have experiences.
1) How do med school view AP credits in general? for example, I used Calc 1, calc 2, AP Chem to skip intro courses. I am in Calc 3 and Ochem 1 now.Will this affect how the admission office assess my ability?
2) How early should I take MCAT? Which book is the best for the preparation?
3) What can I do during first semester? How do I get engaged in shadowing, volunteering, etc? Internship and Co-op are not possible for me since I don't have grade yet.
4) I was told that Med school doesn't care about what classes i took and how hard they are. Does it mean that if applicant A took just required courses and applicant B who took classes beyond the requirement will be treated same?
5) how important is personal statement? Is it as important as essay for undergraduate admission? What about an interview?
6) anything I should know and do?
Thank you...I know Google is there for me but I want to hear from real people.