right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Cornel -Weill SOM and Mt. Sinai-Icahn SOM Announce New Financial Aid Initiatives

WayOutWestMomWayOutWestMom 10215 replies204 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
Cornell now promises to meet full need without loans for students with demonstrated financial need.
https://studentservices.weill.cornell.edu/financial-aid/financial-aid-news

Mt Sinai has capped loan amount to ~$16K/year for students with demonstrated financial need. DACA and International applicants are eligible for the new FA initiative.
https://icahn.mssm.edu/education/financial-aid/enhanced-scholarship-initiative

4 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Cornel -Weill SOM and Mt. Sinai-Icahn SOM Announce New Financial Aid Initiatives

• thumper1thumper1 74811 replies3279 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    edited September 17
    So for these programs, I’m assuming parent financials are required when determining financial need??

So many medical school students have zero income...and assets...and would have financial need. But many medical schools require parent info in the application process...
    edited September 17
    · Reply · Share
  • WayOutWestMomWayOutWestMom 10215 replies204 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    Yes, parental financial info (and spousal information if applicable) is required unless the student is over age 35 when they start med school.
    · Reply · Share
  • texaspgtexaspg 16506 replies340 threadsForum Champion Pre-Med & Medical Forum Champion
    edited September 18
    There are people applying with wife and elementary school age kids still being asked to submit parental financial information.
    edited September 18
    · Reply · Share
  • i_wanna_be_Browni_wanna_be_Brown 8239 replies73 threadsForum Champion Brown Forum Champion
    edited September 22
    Gotta keep up with the Joneses (or should I say, the Tisches/Langones)
    edited September 22
    · Reply · Share