Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

From community college to UT Austin?

shortygirl98shortygirl98 Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
I’m a CC student majoring in biology/pre pharmacy and I’m interested in applying too UT Austin. But am defintely open to other pharmacy schools.Currently these are the grades I’ve made:

English 1:A
English 2:B
College Algebra:B
U.S. History:B
U.S. Gov.:B
Ethics:A
Pre-cal:B
Intro to Speech:A

I have yet to take my sciences. And I still have 2 more math classes to take.Through I did take gen chem 1 last semester, I WITHDREW. And will be taking it again this fall.So I’m wondering what y’ll Think so far. Just want some prospective, I know I still have to take my PCAT. I also volunteer at a hosptial pharmacy and am working on becoming a pharmacy tech and any advice would be great !

Replies to: From community college to UT Austin?

• mommdcmommdc Registered User Posts: 10,627 Senior Member
    If you still have to take all of your science classes, and two math classes (Calc 1, statistics?), then it will take you another two years at least.

I would not take the PCAT until after you have taken bio and chem, so next summer at the earliest. You will need to self study organic chemistry most likely.

• amb000amb000 Registered User Posts: 17 Junior Member
    I was accepted into UT Austin (I chose a different school though) and they are definitely more selective than some people think. Considering your major, I think they'd really like to see more math and sciences courses especially the basic foundation ones.
  • AeroDEAeroDE Registered User Posts: 12 New Member
    smh i think you should do your major classes first and then worry about electives.
    I mean major classes as biology, chemistry, math and physics.