Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Backup Plans?

randomizerehrandomizereh Registered User Posts: 24 New Member
It has always been my dream to become a veterinarian and currently I am a sophomore in college, my grades are fine (though not the best), science grades are great except Ochem, etc etc. I also have a lot of experience in the animal field: interned at a clinic last summer, currently volunteer at the local shelter and shadowing at a local vet clinic.
However, I've been talking with some people and they suggested that having a backup plan would be ideal just in case, since veterinary school is so hard to get into. My mom suggested pharmacy school, and though I'm not saying I'm jumping into that right away it's been at the back of my mind for a while. I just think it would be hard to switch career paths this late since I'll also have to get pharmacy hours, though pre-reqs wouldn't be a problem because they're both in the medical field.
Any suggestions or advice for someone debating career choices?

Replies to: Backup Plans?