Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

elite tennis player looking for reputable boarding schools with strong math, science

rajriaruprajriarup Registered User Posts: 18 New Member
edited September 2012 in Prep School Admissions
Hi,

my son is in 8th grade, looking for a top tier boarding school that could pursue his passion for tennis and math/science.

He has played competitive tennis for 7 years (currently train and play 15 hours a week) and is a high achiever academically.

We are not looking for tennis academy. Appreciate any recommendation.
Post edited by rajriarup on

Replies to: elite tennis player looking for reputable boarding schools with strong math, science

• Anxiousmom1Anxiousmom1 Registered User Posts: 336 Member
    I have no specific recommendations, but I would contact coaches at your target schools and discuss your son's training and competitive needs with them. Are there currently player's at his level on the team? Does the team train year round on campus, and if not, can arrangements be made for him to participate in a local club's program and is there a suitable one available?
    Assuming he is looking to play college tennis, I would also ask whether the school has a history of players moving on to compete in college and where.
    If you have any sense of where he'd eventually like to land in college, look at their rosters and see where their current players prepped. You may see some of the prep schools you are looking at appear regularly.
  • brendan1brendan1 Registered User Posts: 30 Junior Member
    Contact groton. It may be a perfect fit for your child.
This discussion has been closed.