right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Ask Questions about Deerfield Here

Replies to: Ask Questions about Deerfield Here

• bingalotbingalot 185 replies2 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    HOW could I forget about the Greer? Thanks @daykidmom. DA student always joke around while off campus asking "Can I use my Greer card?" or "Do you take Greer cards?"LOL The Greer is a great place with really good food that may not be healthy but it's damn good. I miss the chicken fingers and French fries:-/ and the mango smoothies!!!!!haha
    Greer cards are very important and students basically always carry them in case they want to make a stop at a store cafe or if people are selling t-shirts it goes on the card!
    · Reply · Share
  • boardinghopesboardinghopes 53 replies5 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    Thanks so much! Now I'm really excited for the application process! I really hope I get in!
    · Reply · Share
    Thanks so much! Now I'm really excited for the application process! I really hope I get in!
    · Reply · Share
    Wait, one more question, what's the dress code?
    · Reply · Share
  • DaykidmomDaykidmom 559 replies1 threadsRegistered User Member
    Class dress: Boys: no jeans or cargo pants. Button shirt, tie, blazer, except in winter, when can do turtleneck and blazer or button shirt, tie, and sweater-- no fleece, no hoodies. Girls : dresses, skirts, pants, shorts all ok, no jeans. No bare shoulders or low-cut tops. Supposed to have two layers on top (shirt and cardigan, sweater, or blazer). No hoodies or fleeces. Skirts aren't supposed to be TOO short. In practice, boys follow dress code, girls often do not (skirts are short and no one says anything, some jeans are worn, they don't always have two layers). Overall, though, they still look neat. Deerfield tradition: NO rules about shoes, so very common look for boys is nice shorts, button- down shirt, tie, blazer, flip-flops.
    · Reply · Share
  • DaykidmomDaykidmom 559 replies1 threadsRegistered User Member
    Also-- relaxed dress for walk-through meals (Wednesday, Friday, Saturday dinners, Wednesday lunch, more meals in Winter, Some Friday classes in winter).
    · Reply · Share
    Thanks!
    · Reply · Share
    bump! summer is slipping away!
    · Reply · Share
    My journey to DA starts pretty soon! I can't believe I'll be starting senior year in a matter of DAys!
    See what I did there?
    · Reply · Share
    ...still no questions? None at all??
    · Reply · Share
  • superwholockfansuperwholockfan 7 replies2 threadsRegistered User New Member
    Hi! I'm applying to Deerfield this year, and I wanted to know if you have ever met someone at Deerfield with an SSAT scores of 76- 83rd percentile? I'm very worried about actually making it into Deerfield. Do you think they accept people with pretty low SSAT scores? Thanks!
    · Reply · Share
  • Swimchick8Swimchick8 3 replies0 threadsRegistered User New Member
    Hey so I'm new to the forum but am a new DA freshman and would be happy to help answer questions about DA!
    · Reply · Share
  • sayltysaylty 44 replies2 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    edited December 2014
    @Swimchick8 i think i know who you are ._.
    edited December 2014
    · Reply · Share
  • bschoolsearcherbschoolsearcher 150 replies11 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    Hi, I was wondering if Deerfield was cliquey. Do all the jocks hang out with the jocks and the theatre people hang out with theatre people. Or is it all mixed up.
    · Reply · Share
    @bschoolsearcher For the most part, friend groups are pretty mixed. Between classes, your dorm, and all the different extracurricular activities, you meet a lot of different kids. I mean, if you do three terms of theater, obviously you will have more friends surrounding that area. But it's really not as bad as I thought it was gonna be.
    · Reply · Share
  • superwholockfansuperwholockfan 7 replies2 threadsRegistered User New Member
    Hi! I'm applying to Deerfield this year, and I wanted to know if you have ever met someone at Deerfield with an SSAT scores of 76- 83rd percentile? I'm very worried about actually making it into Deerfield. Do you think they accept people with pretty low SSAT scores? Thanks! @swimchick8
    · Reply · Share
    @superwholockfan So I'm pretty sure our average ssat score in somewhere in the high 80s. Which means there are people who probably gets 83s. I'm not so sure about below 75 if you are a recruited athlete or really exceptional. But don't lose hope! Your ssat scores are only part of the equation.
    · Reply · Share
  • GreenCat19GreenCat19 20 replies3 threadsRegistered User New Member
    @ehphant hello! What do girls generally wear? (the brands, styles, etc.) Do we get to pick whether we want a roommate?
    · Reply · Share
  • ilovewaterpoloilovewaterpolo 27 replies1 threadsRegistered User New Member
    @Ehphant‌: I'm curious about the dress code for girls as well, especially about the two-layer at the neckline requirement. Thanks!
    · Reply · Share
  • EhphantEhphant 306 replies16 threadsRegistered User Member
    @GreenCat19‌ @ilovewaterpolo‌ The dress code for girls is actually pretty simple. It's basically wear a sweater (pullover or cardigan) unless your dress has sleeves. Pants must be dress pants or corduroys. Skirts must be of reasonable length. Generally what I wear is cords and a pullover sweater (satisfies dress code), a shirt with cardigan and pants (satisfies dress code), or a dress with a cardigan (also satisfies dress code). It's pretty easy after the first few weeks. Now I just know how to throw together a class dress outfit in seconds!
    Typically girls will shop at madewell or j crew type stores. I shop at gap/old navy a fair bit as well. Sale racks are great. Target is also awesome! Don't buy too many clothes before school starts, because it may be different than what you'll really want at DA....you can always shop over thanksgiving! I also have a RueLaLa account, which is like designer clothing incredibly marked down.
    Buying dress code clothing is a big investment at the beginning, but I have a lot of clothing that has lasted me since the beginning and I just buy a few new pieces here and there.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity