Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Chances of Apllying to Exeter as a Junior

grant1509grant1509 Registered User Posts: 91 Junior Member
I didn't really know how to word the title, but here's my question: Are my chances of getting into Phillips Exeter any better or worse because I'm applying as a junior? Right now, the admissions rate is in the teens, so is it any different for a junior?

Replies to: Chances of Apllying to Exeter as a Junior

• grant1509grant1509 Registered User Posts: 91 Junior Member
    Oh goodness, I posted this just as the school bell rang and didn't notice my spelling error. I meant to say "Applying". Sorry about that!
  • CenterCenter Registered User Posts: 1,451 Senior Member
    Last year they had 308 apply to 11th grade and 17 new students for that class.
    Wow... That's a bit disheartening. But I guess that makes sense. I still think I have a shot to get in, but that makes me doubt myself a little. Oh well, I guess we will see on March 10. Thanks @Center
    Are you full pay or will you need financial aid? Are you an athlete?
    @Center I do need financial aid. And here's a little overview of myself: I am a baseball player who currently plays at the number 4 school in the nation. I spoke to the coach at Exeter and was informed that he does not have much say in who gets in, but he liked the video I sent in of my playing and he thinks I may have a spot on varsity if I get in. As for academics, I got a 1400 on my PSAT as a sophomore, meaning I would have been a national merit scholar had I been a junior. I was also in the 99th percentile. My SSAT I scored a 2313, also putting me in the top 1 percent. Grades are all A's and B's, but am taking all pre-AP and AP classes, including speech and debate as my elective. I'm sorry if this turned into a "chance me" thread, but writing all this down at least gives me a little hope that I might get in. Thanks!
    You are a really strong candidate....but it is tough
    Are you on varsity at your current school?
    @Center thank you! And unfortunately, I am not. But I have the starting catching spot on my JV team and the catcher at Exeter is a senior
  • iwtgteiwtgte Registered User Posts: 41 Junior Member
    There are some new upperclassmen here (PEA student). Not many tho.
    @iwtgte ok awesome, hopefully you will see me there next year! How do you like it?
This discussion has been closed.