Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.
Kato2424Kato2424 Registered User Posts: 5 New Member
Hey guys,

I was just wondering: How much time did you spend on your essays and to what schools are you applying?

Replies to: Essays

• lostinstereolostinstereo Registered User Posts: 6 New Member
    Hey Kato. Are you meaning essays and short answer (whole application for student)? If so, I spent about 6ish hours in all on Groton and St. Marks (local prep), about 2 hours on Lawrence Academy (local prep), and 1 hour on Brooks (local prep). Honestly, I don't think the time matters at all as long as they are good and thoughtful answers. If you are still working on applications, I would recommend writing an outline for each question before writing down your actual answer. If you are applying online, I would recommend using a spell/grammar check such as Grammarly or Ginger to help revise your writing. Really though, don't stress about it. Some applications are longer than others (ex. St. Marks had 12 questions and Lawrence Academy had 2) so time will vary. And also, what schools are you applying to?
  • Kato2424Kato2424 Registered User Posts: 5 New Member
    I'm applying to all of the top-tier schools.
This discussion has been closed.