right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
We've updated the Topics page of our website to better organize and share our expert content. Read more about it here.

Ask About Andover

1383940414244»

Replies to: Ask About Andover

• saltandpepprsaltandpeppr 2 replies0 threadsRegistered User New Member
    hey everyone, I'm a new freshman at Andover! Do you have to try out for the JV Teams, and is there a specific registration process required for that? Also, when do those tryouts happen if there are any? thanks!
    · Reply · Share
  • gossipgirlMEgossipgirlME 33 replies0 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    @saltandpepper Yes, JV teams have tryouts but unlike fall Varsity teams, whose tryouts are by invitation only before new students register, JV tryouts don't happen until after everyone is on campus!
    · Reply · Share
  • gossipgirlMEgossipgirlME 33 replies0 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    @ffsophiar Nathan Hale is one of the five dorms in Pine Knoll Cluster (PKN) and it houses about 42 people. The Knoll, a nickname for the cluster, is also a large circle of grass around which PKN's dorms are situated. Nathan Hale is separated into five different halls of 8-10 people each and is also about 7 minutes from Commons (but in a different direction than the Quads). It's right next to the Cochran Wildlife Sanctuary (the Sanctuary, for short) and its common room is pretty large!
    · Reply · Share
  • livelaughxclivelaughxc 88 replies2 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    @Andover_Kid_257 Yep, new lower! My revisit hosts recommended asking for Adams!
    · Reply · Share
  • saltandpepprsaltandpeppr 2 replies0 threadsRegistered User New Member
    Thank you, @gossipgirlME ! Also, how many doubles and singles are there at Nathan Hale, and how are the conditions of the bathrooms?
    · Reply · Share
  • Andover_Kid_257Andover_Kid_257 22 replies0 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    @livelaughxc ah nice to meet you! I'm a returning lower living in Johnson (another WQS dorm). If you have any specific questions feel free to PM me :)
    · Reply · Share
  • BioType1BioType1 13 replies5 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    Hi everyone. I am currently an eighth grader who is applying to andover this year. i currently play an instrument very seriously and is it possible for me to contact music teachers at PA during the application process or in general as an applicant? thank u!
    · Reply · Share
  • MA2012MA2012 1235 replies1 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    edited September 17
    @eekeek I don't know about current policy, but a few years ago for Geometry they were very specific in requiring a proof-based geometry class with signature from your teacher saying it was proof-based. You will take a placement test and talk to your advisor about classes - you can talk to the math department too.
    edited September 17
    · Reply · Share
  • thatshot....thatshot.... 4 replies1 threadsRegistered User New Member
    If you have a love for sports, but you are not a top player, will you get looked down upon by the admissions team?
    · Reply · Share
  • skieuropeskieurope 38873 replies6866 threadsSuper Moderator Super Moderator
    If you have a love for sports, but you are not a top player, will you get looked down upon by the admissions team?

No
    · Reply · Share