right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
We have changed the way we log in on College Confidential. Read more here.

White Mountain School

Helpappreciated1Helpappreciated1 9 replies9 threads Junior Member
Looking for any information on this school, preferably first hand experiences.
6 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: White Mountain School

• Kenneth1960Kenneth1960 98 replies18 threadsForum Champion Harvard Forum Champion
    D2 just graduated and is off to Bates in the Fall. We are overjoyed.

WMS is small, outdoorsy and very crunchy. D2 thrived there. The extra help and college guidance she got was excellent there. My wife and I are very happy with the experience they were able to provide.
    · Reply · Share
  • vwlizardvwlizard 319 replies33 threads Member
    Kenneth1960, how would a kid that likes to dabble in the arts, but isn't very good do? I really like their course offerings and the progressive setting and I see the value that the arts adds to their work. I can see my son being happy there, except for being pretty sucky at anything artistic ;(
    · Reply · Share
  • Kenneth1960Kenneth1960 98 replies18 threadsForum Champion Harvard Forum Champion
    @vwlizard , I will ask my D2. It is very small, so offerings seem to be a function of who happens to be on the faculty.

My daughter benefited from a wonderful science teacher, great academic coaching and some very smart college counseling.
    · Reply · Share
  • WMSparentWMSparent 2 replies0 threads New Member
    @vwlizard WMS offers very good arts options. The Arts Center is a lovely place to create pieces. (or dance, or use the music rooms) The building has won several designs awards. I know several talented artists who are looking at art school after graduation.
    · Reply · Share
  • preppedparentpreppedparent 3341 replies10 threads Senior Member
    I just want to add that this is different than the Mountain School in Vermont which is a semester school for Juniors or first semester Seniors affiliated with Milton Academy.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity