Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Taft or NMH

elbr132elbr132 Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
What experiences have you guys had at these two schools? What worked for you and what didn't?

Replies to: Taft or NMH

• judbeeskijudbeeski Registered User Posts: 98 Junior Member
    These are two excellent boarding schools but they are SO different! Do you know the kind of experience you think you want? Maybe start there first and then ask more specifics. Best of luck! :)
  • elbr132elbr132 Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    Looking for places with a close proximity to town, with strong academics where students feel no hesitation to ask a teacher for help, preferably strong dance programs, but most of all, a positive environment with a welcoming student body in general. Thank you!!!!
  • judbeeskijudbeeski Registered User Posts: 98 Junior Member
    edited August 2017
    OK. Assuming you are genuinely starting a legit. search from scratch... you were able to find this site, and register up, so you will certainly be able to do some focused word searches on here under the assorted Prep categories with words like, "dance" and "town" and "rural" and so on. That will give you a great deal of info. Additional research on line will bring you to extremely informative sites like Boardingschoolreview, for example. All the schools have excellent sites of their own too. All I can offer off the top of my head is that NMH's campus is, to me, quite isolated from a town - the nearest one being small and essentially comprised of a sundries store, small bank, gas station, B&B, and seasonal storefront w/ fantastic ice cream). Taft is located in a town, but to me the town is more " old 'burb" than bustling commercial.
  • skieuropeskieurope Super Moderator Posts: 37,568 Super Moderator
    MODERATOR'S NOTE:
    Closing thread. OP opened a second account to ask this question in violation of Terms of Service.
This discussion has been closed.