Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Best admissions marketing materials of 2017-2018

Golfgr8Golfgr8 Registered User Posts: 499 Member
Really fun to look through the impressive and creative admissions view books and other marketing materials! Also, interesting to see how schools are using social media for marketing to applicants. Really creative books, videos, packages, tote bags, pencil cases, etc in the mail box this fall. It must cost a small fortune to produce and mail these materials. Even our mail carrier commented on how fancy the envelopes look. Post your comments on which schools are most creative or unique in their admissions materials this year!

Replies to: Best admissions marketing materials of 2017-2018

• vwlizardvwlizard Registered User Posts: 207 Junior Member
    Best video I've seen is for Forman. Most of you won't be aware of Forman as it's population is strictly bright kids with LD (learning differences). As the mom of a kid with a LD, it completely grabbed my attention within the first 10 seconds and I was compelled to not only watch til the end, but watch over and over. It's titled "I Think Different". I think if your child is the right fit for their school, it will catch your attention immediately. (And yes, they did address the grammatical shortcoming of the phrase).
    Is it okay to post links here? Pictures? I'd love to see what other people are getting.
    Another note on videos. As we are starting to attend open houses, I've recognized faculty and students from the schools' online videos while walking around campus. I was surprised how connected that made me feel. Schools should make sure to update their videos often.
  • CTMom21CTMom21 Registered User Posts: 243 Junior Member
    @vwlizard, I had to go watch the Forman video. We are looking at it for my current 7th grade DS. DS#1 has a formwe classmate who attends and they absolutely love it. Thank you!
  • Golfgr8Golfgr8 Registered User Posts: 499 Member
    Check out the videos from Putney School. The video@ students on the admission committee is really good. Think the school does a great job expressing the feel of the school and who they are on a deeper level.
  • CaliMexCaliMex Registered User Posts: 849 Member
    Favorite collateral and swag?
  • momof3swimmersmomof3swimmers Registered User Posts: 366 Member
    Now I need to go check out Forman! It has been in our radar for SwimKid 2 who has an LD!
    @momof3swimmers - feel free to PM me. We visited a couple of weeks ago. No swimming though.
  • buuzn03buuzn03 Registered User Posts: 1,219 Senior Member
    I'm finding Mercersberg is sending some great marketing tools. Problem is whatever questionnaire we filled out to get them was prior to DS deciding NOT to repeat 9th-- so it is a bit too late....
  • SevenDadSevenDad Registered User Posts: 4,124 Senior Member
    When 7D1 was going through the process years ago, I thought Thacher, hands down, had the finest print brochure. Sort of out of loop on current crop of marketing materials (thank goodness).
  • GreenIndianGreenIndian Registered User Posts: 95 Junior Member
    The clearest articulation of a value proposition, Salisbury School hands-down!

https://www.salisburyschool.org/
  • preppedparentpreppedparent Registered User Posts: 3,188 Senior Member
    The best websites to me are the ones that show you the drone's fly over view of the campus. This new technology really gives you the bird's eye view. Makes me feel like I'm actually seeing the campus without having to drive there. Of course, meeting the students is a huge part, but I really enjoy seeing all these campuses I will never get to. There's something about Avon Old Farms (like an English school?) that's really attractive.
  • momof3swimmersmomof3swimmers Registered User Posts: 366 Member
    I loved the drone view of Baylor!!
    I just love schools with lots of recent videos. Since the schools we visited where small (all under 300 students), we actually recognized students and faculty from the videos and felt like we already knew them
  • FunintheSun1211FunintheSun1211 Registered User Posts: 414 Member
    I love the drone views and student videos! Also love the schools who give you lists of all the clubs, not just a selection.
  • potterpointspotterpoints Registered User Posts: 45 Junior Member
    Andover has an Instagram (andoveradmissions) run by the director of admission operations and they post a lot of behind the scenes things, especially on their story. Exeter was originally my favorite Phillips school, but I think I like Andover better now.