Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

What is "Graded Writing Sample"

khanshahebkhanshaheb Registered User Posts: 123 Junior Member
edited January 7 in Prep School Admissions
I submitted every single thing with GRADED WRITING SAMPLE on "Phillips Exeter And Deerfield Academy's" application.
I really don't know what is GRADED WRITING SAMPLE. Can anyone please help me?

Recently, My English's sir said us to write a composition. After one day, he gave us our answer sheets back. I got 10 out of 10 on it. But, there were no comments. He only gave me the remark.
Can I submit that paper as a GRADED WRITING SAMPLE?

Please help me!

Replies to: What is "Graded Writing Sample"

• alooknacalooknac Registered User Posts: 1,216 Senior Member
    If it's a written assignment and it has a grade on it, it's a "GRADED WRITING SAMPLE."
  • khanshahebkhanshaheb Registered User Posts: 123 Junior Member
    Hand Written? I don't have anything!
  • keystosuccesskeystosuccess Registered User Posts: 116 Junior Member
    There was a graded writing sample for Exeter? Why is it not coming up on my Gateway account, am I missing something?
  • CenterCenter Registered User Posts: 1,835 Senior Member
    @keystosuccess unless they have changed their requirements there was no graded writing sample for the PEA application
  • Golfgr8Golfgr8 Registered User Posts: 506 Member
    Many schools want a graded writing sample @ Gateway & SAO. However, one request was visible on hard copy and print preview but not easily seen on Gateway portal. We are trying to figure out how to upload a sample because kiddo’s school is all e-filed with grades and remarks all sent electronically via a portal. The comments are on a different e-form with grades on a school portal- no traditional “red ink”comments. One school said they want grade on the paper (:|
    @Golfgr8 that's what my father is also saying.
    I have no hand written "Graded" paper!
    @keystosuccess sorry. It's PAA :)
    it is a paper that has been marked up. As I recall Andover did not want just a letter grade.
    We took a screen shot of the grade and another screen shot of comment. We have a pdf of paper. Does anyone else use the electronic portals like “ turnitin”? It’s hard to figure out how to do this. The assignments are on a portal that does not allow sharing. We asked one AO about this and he didn’t seem to know about the difficulties with electronic grading.
    edited January 7
    @Golfgr8 I seem to remember there was a print function with turnitin. And there may be a history tab? I cant recall. If you go to print you can change the print to save as PDF...
    @Center - People don’t want to use some e-graded portals because they use a computer based program that will claim that almost everything in quotations is plagiarized :-O
    What that means?
    Can I submita non-written paper?
    oh right--that horror is coming back to me! LOL. My kid had a portal where the teachers posted comments--cant recall if it was turnitin. How about bringing the paper to school and asking the teacher to write a short letter or note and sign and attach it??
  • GoatMamaGoatMama Registered User Posts: 961 Member
    @khanshaheb, the paper doesn't have to be handwritten.
    @GoatMama are you sure?