Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
We want your feedback! Complete our survey and enter to win one of four $25 gift cards.
We are excited to announce a new role on College Confidential: The Forum Champion! Read all about it and apply now.
RigidSelectorRigidSelector Registered User Posts: 21 New Member
edited January 11 in Prep School Admissions
Hello, I am an international student, this year I am doing an exchange year in the US in public school (12th grade). Next year, I want to come back to private prep school.
My stats are 1470 SAT, 7.5 IELTS, I have good extracurriculars related to politics(EYP, MUN, MUSS and etc - all leadership roles) and art (winner of national olympiads and one regional in another country, finished art school(in our country you can go to art school( four year art schools during second part of the day after regular school) only if you have talent( or you should go to private lessons), there is each year competition for 10-15 spots to the school where I went), some disctinction in langugages( regional winner of russian language, national of English)
People, who know about prep schools, where would you suggest to apply?
P.S: I will need fin aid or scholarships. And I am searching for schools rn, just need your opinion, too.
Post edited by skieurope on

Replies to: Admission

• babymalcolmbabymalcolm Registered User Posts: 119 Junior Member
    Wait, if you are currently in 12th grade, are you going to come next year as a repeat 12th or PG?
  • RigidSelectorRigidSelector Registered User Posts: 21 New Member
    As far as I know, there are some schools who have 13th, so I was thinking about 13th grade or repeating the year
    Either one is ok with me
  • CenterCenter Registered User Posts: 1,819 Senior Member
    i suggest you apply to college. You will not likely receive any money and there are not many spots for Post Graduates. Those spots are usually reserved for athletes or other students that need additional coursework for college
  • RigidSelectorRigidSelector Registered User Posts: 21 New Member
    Thank you for your advice! Probably will apply to colleges if schools will not work out.
    I just know people who were at the same exchange program and a year later got into private schools with full-aid (they also already graduated from HSs when were applying to BSs). Just wanted to ask advice here too about where to apply.
  • FunintheSun1211FunintheSun1211 Registered User Posts: 372 Member
    It's probably too late to apply to a hs anyway, deadlines are in a few days