Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

2018 Notification Guide

Replies to: 2018 Notification Guide

• skieuropeskieurope Super Moderator Posts: 35,157 Super Moderator
    So has every PA applicant signed up to get those emailed early FedEX delivery notifications? Or does that just jinx your chances? :P
    I need to quote @SevenDad (with whom I agree) on this topic:
    Gaming the courier industry strikes me as not a very good use of one's time/energy. It no doubt contributes to heightened anxiety — especially among the folks who are prone to checking every few hours to see if their status has changed. But I guess different strokes for different folks.
    Aside from serving only to increasing anxiety, one risks a false positive.
  • narcissediaz98narcissediaz98 Registered User Posts: 67 Junior Member
    I agree with @SevenDad too, @skieurope. Luckily DD and I will be in Europe on M10- no time to fool around with courier notifications! The food and castles alone should provide enough of a distraction as we wait out the decisions in that time zone :) I’ll feed her anxiety with pain au chocolat and crepes au nutella et banane! Espresso, for me.
  • sriracha10sriracha10 Registered User Posts: 13 New Member
    Hun School comes out at 6am on M10
  • buuzn03buuzn03 Registered User Posts: 1,236 Senior Member
    @sriracha10 is that email or portal?
  • sriracha10sriracha10 Registered User Posts: 13 New Member
    It's on the portal-- there is a decisions tab
  • SportyStudent21SportyStudent21 Registered User Posts: 59 Junior Member
    I have two quick questions: What time is Groton 8AM or 6PM? Also, for Andover Where on Gateway will it be?
  • keystosuccesskeystosuccess Registered User Posts: 116 Junior Member
    @SportyStudent21 while Groton's decisions came out at 6:00 p.m. last year, they have updated it to instead come out at 8:00 a.m. on their portal this year, which is an entire ten hours earlier than last year, which means less time to agonize about your decision.
    I’m trying to update the list as I get new info, so look at the latest lists posted. Also, if I remember correctly, last year, Andover posted both on the School applicant portal and on Gateway. The portal froze, so we went to Gateway and clicked on Andover....
  • BantisseBantisse Registered User Posts: 74 Junior Member
    Does Blair has its own portal? I applied to Blair, and I haven't received any messages regarding their portal.
  • SportyStudent21SportyStudent21 Registered User Posts: 59 Junior Member
    @keystosuccess Thank you for the quick response. Less agonizing time is always good. :)
  • applier1applier1 Registered User Posts: 89 Junior Member
    Andover, in its confirmation e-mail, said decisions would be released at 9:00 AM through an online portal,
  • ephimerallyephimerally Registered User Posts: 47 Junior Member
    Wait, NMH releases their decisions on the 8th?
  • bsmom2004bsmom2004 Registered User Posts: 36 Junior Member
    How can we expect Westtown and George notifications? I know the date is 3/10 according to website but is than an email, mail? A particular time if an email?
    Normally the schools that you applied to will notify you—usually mid-February. If y’all get those emails, let me know and I’ll update the list for ease of keeping track. Sorry, but we didn’t apply this year & obviously not everyone applied to every school, so I’ll have to rely on y’all to help with the updates as you hear them.
  • AllSmiles2AllSmiles2 Registered User Posts: 91 Junior Member
    @keystosuccess so decisions for Groton go live at 8 AM ET?